Pictures of your portable rig- Part V: Viva La Audio Revolution
Sep 14, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #856 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by jwramp
it's all good so far. Jobs confirmed that gapless would work on the Nanos, too, but I haven't tried it out yet... still working on choosing what i want to fill it up with!

Well hurry up dammit! We need to know about the SQ!!
600smile.gif

Sep 14, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #858 of 940
Iirc, the 1.2 update only applies to the 5G iPods. People with Nanos iirc (again) over at iLounge said that it doesn't work on their Nanos.

Sep 14, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #861 of 940
all the iPod headphones that have ever came w/ iPods that i've bought have never been opened, so I don't have much to compare to (i use Senn MX500's for bud's)... The form-factor is definitely different, though. Maybe i'll actually check this pair out (does anybody smell a Senn/iBud review brewing?)

Sep 14, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #862 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbucla2005
Actually I didn't build it, I got it from e-bay from a seller named "juice2214" -- the price was right at around $50 shipped, and it is a great amp for the money utilizing what I think is the Texas Instruments Burr Brown Opamp 2227 - anyway I think has a warm/smooth, almost tubey sound presentation with the right amount of power for my HD25-1's. Here is an pic of the internals, as requested.

cmoy.jpg

I bought that same cmoy from the same seller. I think I got lucky and mine was only about $35 after shipping, but that was almost a year ago. It really is a nice little amp, gets the job done.

Sep 14, 2006 at 11:27 PM Post #863 of 940
the last piece of the puzzle for my portable rig arrived today -- the bling bling dock.

here you go:

hftbrigjc8.jpg

as per my sig: 4G 60GB iPod > ALO Bling Bling Dock > Go-Vibe V5 > MDR-D77 (or MDR-D66SL)

sorry for the bad lighting..V_V

Sep 14, 2006 at 11:36 PM Post #864 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by camille
the last piece of the puzzle for my portable rig arrived today -- the bling bling dock.

here you go:

hftbrigjc8.jpg

as per my sig: 4G 60GB iPod > ALO Bling Bling Dock > Go-Vibe V5 > MDR-D77 (or MDR-D66SL)

sorry for the bad lighting..V_V

Looks great! Enjoy!

Sep 15, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #866 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirtySixBelow
Did you notice any big improvements?

so far, not so much. although actually, coming from eggos, bass response has improved but some harsh highs on some occasions; as of right now, it's a big cosmetic improvement (instead of lugging a 6' cable.). i think, as what many others suggest, is for some cable burn-in...

Sep 15, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #867 of 940
Here's one of 'em -- live from the belly of the Apple Store on Fifth Avenue -- in the Big Apple:

4G 40G iPod > PocketDock Firewire Lineout > Zu Pivot mini-to-mini > "M" Hornet (well-"burned" loaner from Ray) > Westone Candy Blue ES2 IEMs. (ALO Cotton Dock still sounds better -- but I done broke it and it's visiting the Docktor.) Sorry -- the fluorescent lights & this MacBook's camera ain't too sweet.

Shore sounds a darn sight better than anything in this Palace of Purchase.

I just caint help a-talkin' this a way -- Alison Kruss & Union Station are serenadin' me. Sweet!

AplStr_ES2Hornet_3.jpg

Sep 15, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #868 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Here's one of 'em -- live from the belly of the Apple Store on Fifth Avenue -- in the Big Apple:

4G 40G iPod > PocketDock Firewire Lineout > Zu Pivot mini-to-mini > "M" Hornet (well-"burned" loaner from Ray) > Westone Candy Blue ES2 IEMs. (ALO Cotton Dock still sounds better -- but I done broke it and it's visiting the Docktor.) Sorry -- the fluorescent lights & this MacBook's camera ain't too sweet.

Shore sounds a darn sight better than anything in this Palace of Purchase.

I just caint help a-talkin' this a way -- Alison Kruss & Union Station are serenadin' me. Sweet!

AplStr_ES2Hornet_3.jpg

Nice Romanee! I didn't know we had the same color ES2's
tongue.gif
Gotta love that blue!

Got my Jumbo Dock Tuesday... burning in as I write this... impressions to come soon!

DSC01644.jpg

Sep 15, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #869 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Nice Romanee! I didn't know we had the same color ES2's
tongue.gif
Gotta love that blue!

Got my Jumbo Dock Tuesday... burning in as I write this... impressions to come soon!

DSC01644.jpg

I am interested in the Jumbo and I'll look for your write up.

When I chose the ES2 color I looked at all of them -- almost chose purple -- but I kept coming back to the translucent Candy Blue. I actually worried I might not have made the right choice -- but of course I love 'em. I'm just a native New Yorker --- "born tense".

My Cotton Dock isn't in the portrait because it got trounced (broken) in an unexpected drop (freak accident sent it flying...). I'm lucky my iPod and Portaphile (attached at that moment) didn't suffer any damage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back