Pictures of your portable rig- Part V: Viva La Audio Revolution
Sep 12, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #841 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
Nice job with the amp in the round tin, can we see some interior pics?

Actually I didn't build it, I got it from e-bay from a seller named "juice2214" -- the price was right at around $50 shipped, and it is a great amp for the money utilizing what I think is the Texas Instruments Burr Brown Opamp 2227 - anyway I think has a warm/smooth, almost tubey sound presentation with the right amount of power for my HD25-1's. Here is an pic of the internals, as requested.

cmoy.jpg

Sep 13, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #844 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by OGTL
Thanks for the link.
Boy those prices are high. I didn't realize a peice of cable and a audio jack is worth $90.. any chance I could get the materials to build my own? Anyway, off to ebay my personal items so i can build money for things like this.. sigh.

I would not recommend making your own line out dock as a first project. (I'm assuming it is) I had done some other cable work, and I absolutely destroyed one of the docks I was working, damaged half of the second, and after 4 attempts at making one, finally got something scrapped together. Not only is it ugly, but it's stiff and bulky, and downright sucky. I'd leave it to someone who knows what they're doing.
tongue.gif

Sep 13, 2006 at 11:06 AM Post #845 of 940
I do have some limited experience working with stuff like that, but I think I'll just buy one from ALO. Could somebody tell me if there is a difference in SQ between the Bling Bling dock and the Ultra Thin Copper dock? I've got a iPod mini, so i think a $50 dock cable should be fine..

Also, anybody notice big differences when amping shure E2cs or e3cs? I have a pair or Yamaha RH5MA's intended for home use, but the amp might serve double purpose at home and commuting..

Sep 13, 2006 at 11:35 PM Post #851 of 940
I don't know either, but I just heard sirens past my house. You might want to edit your post
wink.gif

Just kidding. Congrats on getting the new Nano!

Sep 14, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #852 of 940
What a beautiful Nano. I think all retail locations stock them now. They go well with the K81s.

Sep 14, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #853 of 940
yeah, i just got it at the local Apple Store (Shadyside, Pittsburgh, PA). They didn't have them on the floor yet, so i had them bring some out for me to look at. The colored 4giggers are crazy-bright-colored! Like waaay brite colors, pretty cool looking, i just don't know if i like the white click wheel.
And yup, the matching matte black finishes on the 8gig and the AKG's do go very well together.

Sep 14, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #855 of 940
it's all good so far. Jobs confirmed that gapless would work on the Nanos, too, but I haven't tried it out yet... still working on choosing what i want to fill it up with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back