Pictures of your portable rig- Part V: Viva La Audio Revolution
Aug 31, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #766 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
My purchase from Newegg came today. I wanted the classic red/blue with green joint ER4's as shown in their product photos, but they shipped me the newer all-black ones. Oh well, matches my all black rig I suppose.
etysmile.gif

img2008em6.jpg

img2010vy5.jpg

Nano (with metal case from ebay) -> TurboDock III -> RnB Audio Black Diamond Mini -> Xin SuperMini-3...or was it III? -> Xin 75-ohm "Ety adapter" -> Etymotic ER4p to the s

I think they are the ER4B for binaural not the ER4S/P which is why they are all black

Aug 31, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #767 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by shoeblade
I think they are the ER4B for binaural not the ER4S/P which is why they are all black

Nope, according to Etymotic, they've redesigned the ER-4's and changed them to all black. Some prefer the older "blue" and "red" design, because it's much easier to figure out which one is left or right, and also because it had more "personality".
confused.gif

Aug 31, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #768 of 940
redrig2kw0.jpg

pretty much my go-to portable rig (see my sig). the bag is an old caselogic that i used to transport my sony d777 pcdp in. the battery case is a caselogic thumb drive case.

i'm currently researching custom molds for those ety's.

Aug 31, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #769 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by shoeblade

I got a little paronoid and decided to look for the "P" designation:

er4ppi3.jpg

But, but... are the cable connectors the same as on all models? Can it be B barrels with P cables? /end paranoia
etysmile.gif

Aug 31, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #770 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
pretty much my go-to portable rig (see my sig). the bag is an old caselogic that i used to transport my sony d777 pcdp in. the battery case is a caselogic thumb drive case.

i'm currently researching custom molds for those ety's.

Redshifter, are those Shure E4 soft tips on your Etys?

Aug 31, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #771 of 940
After listening to customer support, they decided to switch back to the famous 'red-and-blue' color scheme.

Aug 31, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #772 of 940
Quote:

I got a little paronoid and decided to look for the "P" designation:

er4ppi3.jpg

But, but... are the cable connectors the same as on all models? Can it be B barrels with P cables? /end paranoia
etysmile.gif

all the barrels are the same anyway. AFAIK the cables are the only difference between the models. This is just a redesign they did, the black ones dont break as easily as the others so this is actually a good thing. i guess you might be able to switch with someone with r/b ones in the FT forum if you dont like these though.

Aug 31, 2006 at 3:23 PM Post #773 of 940
Quote:

Redshifter, are those Shure E4 soft tips on your Etys?

yes, the shure tips are so much more comfortable, and easy to insert.

Aug 31, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #774 of 940
Quote:

Although they feel like somethings inside your ear where as the comply tips seem to just disappear. Isolation bewtween the two is comparable with the comply getting a slight edge.I used the same Shure yellow foamies for a year plus with no issue and I'm on my 4th pair of comply tips in a month.5 of use.
rolleyes.gif

It's gonna drive me to the UM56 or ES2 I just know it.
frown.gif

Aug 31, 2006 at 5:33 PM Post #775 of 940
Quote:

Does more noise come in? When I had the Ety's I did the same thing, they were great confort wise, but isolation suffered a bit for me.

Aug 31, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #776 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
Does more noise come in? When I had the Ety's I did the same thing, they were great confort wise, but isolation suffered a bit for me.

the stock ety tips have a bit more isolation, but the shure tips work well for me and block out enough noise so i can listen to classical on the bus. i've tried virtually every tip that fits the er4, and the shures were the clear winner.

Aug 31, 2006 at 8:36 PM Post #777 of 940
Also got Shure E3Cs and the whole lot fits nicely into my bag. Im loving the SQ. Only got the amp and DAC last month. Actually bought from members of this forum. Thanx guys....
wink.gif

Sorry about the size and quality of pics...

Aug 31, 2006 at 8:39 PM Post #778 of 940
DSC01462.jpg

Aug 31, 2006 at 9:12 PM Post #780 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by caramelsoul
Also got Shure E3Cs and the whole lot fits nicely into my bag. Im loving the SQ. Only got the amp and DAC last month. Actually bought from members of this forum. Thanx guys....
wink.gif

Sorry about the size and quality of pics...

Schweet!
rs1smile.gif

I'm glad you posted those pics, I was hoping to get an idea of how big the MicroDAC is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back