Pictures of your portable rig- Part V: Viva La Audio Revolution
Apr 8, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #61 of 940
Ooh! Nice
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #62 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by mightymouse
I onno man, they sound just like the ipod one's but more bassy. Its not THAT horrible, its okay for casual listening in noisy places, thats for sure. Skyline, i'm not saying that the plastic is a bad thing, because its not cheap plastic- its high quality plastic that feels like metal, in fact i'm not sure if its metal or plastic or a mixture of both, but all I know is that its not the same material as the v3 black's anodized aluminum.

I guess just to clear some things up. I've had the v3i since early january with the motorola DAP instead of itunes.

Covers are indeed anodized aluminum, they are different from my old v3 but it is clearly still aluminum. Has plastic parts like the original v3 on the bottom for where the antenna is located.

The DAP works well enough but I don't carry the wired headset with me, and no music plays through the hs-850 headset. That being said, the wired headset sounded fine for a phone trying to be an mp3 player. But I suppose that doesn't say much.

Portable rig is still the same: Nano lineout -> Hornet -> UM2

Apr 9, 2006 at 9:49 AM Post #63 of 940
I don't take the 900s portable, no.. .but I thought that this pic with the reflection in it was too nifty to not post.
radiphones.png

radiphones2.png

for portable, imagine the same thing, but with the mp3 player in that ugly little iaudio case, and with KSC35s. MUCH less shiny.

Apr 10, 2006 at 1:54 AM Post #66 of 940
My Rio Carbon and Shure E2c's:

1946263ek.jpg

With loads of dust under the screen...

1947009pk.jpg

And a gently burnished chrome finish on the back.

You'll have to forgive the crappy webcam pictures. It was all I had on hand.

Apr 10, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #67 of 940
My current portable rig. I personally like to go naked with the ZM, instead of storing it into a Altoids tin.
picture0065dq.jpg

Anyone know where in Toronto where I can get foamies locally? I'm getting quite acquainted with them, and wondering where I can get more.

Apr 10, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #70 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14
how do you like those cx-300's?

I really like them, they are extremely comfortable, they have loads of bass (good for bassheads), mids and highs are good, and the price is right. They offer a decent amount of isolation, and you can take them out and put them back in quickly (unlike Ety's or other iems). Highly recommended.

Apr 10, 2006 at 11:30 AM Post #71 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
pics

Beautiful shots... the flash actually accentuates the white iPod and makes it look even better IMO.

Apr 10, 2006 at 1:09 PM Post #72 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter
My current portable rig. I personally like to go naked with the ZM, instead of storing it into a Altoids tin.

Don't you worry about scratches, or do you not care? I like my zen micro smooth and shiny
tongue.gif

edit, my altoids tin also allows me to velcro it back to back with my CMoy.

Apr 10, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #74 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
Anyone have any ideas on reducing flash glare? I'm already using a Stoffen diffuser, but the hot spots persist.

I am no pro or anything, but maybe try not using one. Go for a more natural light source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back