Pictures of your portable rig- Part V: Viva La Audio Revolution
Apr 12, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #91 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
Yup. Don't use the built in flash on your camera and avoid direct light. Try to create a bright ambience around your subject. Natural, unobtrusive, reflected lighting is always the nicest.

Correct. If you must use indoor tungsten lamps, make sure they're plenty far away (~5-15ft. for something that small). Find the right angle, and snap the picture. If you must use a tripod, use one.

Essentially, keep the lighting source farther from the subject than you are - the closer the light is to the subject, the brighter and more concentrated the blown-out portion of the image will be. You won't completely eliminate the hotspot due to the super-reflective surface, but you can use it to your advantage by highlighting the edges if you find the right angles to shoot at. I usually shoot most of my eBay product shots with a 75w and a 150w Tungsten lamp - 75 for fill, 150 for a good main-light source.

If you want to use reflected light, get a piece of cardboard and cover it with some very lightly-crinkled aluminum foil. Try to keep the background plain and simple and equally well-lit
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #93 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omari149
This is my Bed side rig and Portable Rig
Sony D-36 + Koss KSC-75
Sony D-NE330 + Sennheiser PX-100

So, how's the D-36 working? Is that the one with the broken battery door?

Apr 12, 2006 at 8:47 AM Post #94 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onix
So, how's the D-36 working? Is that the one with the broken battery door?

The D-36 is good, I got it brand-new but it was defective so I butchered my Realistic CD-3250 to make it work, it's fine now.

No thats not the one with the broken door. Thats my D-11 but it's got a new door now. I use the D-11 or D-36 for my bedside rig depending on what mood I'm in.

Apr 12, 2006 at 8:54 AM Post #95 of 940
Quote:

The D-36 is good, I got it brand-new but it was defective so I butchered my Realistic CD-3250 to make it work, it's fine now.

No thats not the one with the broken door. Thats my D-11 but it's got a new door now. I use the D-11 or D-36 for my bedside rig depending on what mood I'm in.

I bet it has great bass. Congrats
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2006 at 9:42 AM Post #98 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
sgrossklass, do you EQ your AKGs? I think I would have bumped up the mids and maybe even toned down the lows.

No EQ, no effects, no display lighting (much better for battery life, even alkalines don't last 4ever - maybe I can use some of the old rechargeables with somewhat high source impedance that the camera doesn't like much once the new ones arrive), no nothing. Actually the tonal balance is just fine for outside/bus use. I could just use some cans with better isolation. I guess I should take a somewhat better photo one of these days... 't was early evening, 1/8 s and no tripod (found one of ours in the meantime), and I guess the distance was a touch too small for non-macro mode. At least I have a digicam of my own now (Samsung Digimax S500).

Apr 12, 2006 at 10:21 AM Post #99 of 940
Quote:

So Onix, did the D-2 operation go well?

Nope, I resoldered the jacks but they seem to be broken. I am taking vacations next week, so all future operations will have to be posponed 'til the end of the month. In the meantime, I am using my PC at work, and it's pretty much okay.
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #105 of 940

Users who are viewing this thread

Back