Pictures of your portable rig- Part V: Viva La Audio Revolution
May 11, 2006 at 2:10 PM Post #271 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet
what have you done to your e4g? this looks interesting!

looks like a clever little stealth "cheapo" earclip mod
wink.gif

well done that man.

May 11, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #272 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by fongalv
Hi there...did you get the shures locally?

I had to order it through jmilo online, the total cost I paid back then was SG$340 though, since we had to include S&H.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet
what have you done to your e4g? this looks interesting!

Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
looks like a clever little stealth "cheapo" earclip mod

skudmunky: The earclips are a default given item in the E4g package. Its pretty cool
biggrin.gif

This is what I did to my E4 (with UE SuperFi biflange)
Step 1:
E4G_Mod_01.jpg

Step 2:
E4G_Mod_02.jpg

Step 3:
E4G_Mod_03.jpg

May 11, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #275 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyron
I had to order it through jmilo online, the total cost I paid back then was SG$340 though, since we had to include S&H.

oo...but thats still quite a steal even in todays prices...
just curious, how does the warranty work on online purchases?
i just sent my e3c in for a second time...
mad.gif

May 11, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #276 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by XFxGeforced
you have a nice psu there. im guessing its a powerstream...520w? and why do the backs of those koss' look shiny or gooey

Yeah it's an OCZ powersteam 520 watt
smily_headphones1.gif
I also have a 420 watt not in the picture I use to power my video cards.

The KSC's are shiny black because I colored them in with a black sharpie lol

May 11, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #278 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by BavariaBarbarian
Wait a second, are you running that PINT on 3x 1.2V?
eek.gif

From the picture, I think he's got 3 more batteries beneath those.

May 11, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #279 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by K2Grey
From the picture, I think he's got 3 more batteries beneath those.

It's hard to tell from this perspective. The board has 20mm and it seems to fit quite snugly...
Would be nice if this could be done.

But nice case, btw!

May 11, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #280 of 940
Woops, sorry about incorrectly identifying the post. I was a little tired last night when I posted, mlarn. I edited it to reflect the correction
biggrin.gif

I can't seem to find my Friday Night in San Francisco CD...where did I put it! It just sounds so very lovely on the NP11, especially. Hmm...maybe it's sitting in another PCDP
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2006 at 5:55 AM Post #281 of 940
Hey Audiofiler, I have to leave Tucson from around next week until around the 7th of August, but I'll be back from the 8th onward. Maybe we should arrange a mini-meet here (I don't own a car), and you can try out my SL-NP11 and whatever else you've found intriguing in my collection :p

May 12, 2006 at 9:53 AM Post #282 of 940
Quote:

Wait a second, are you running that PINT on 3x 1.2V?
eek.gif

Yes, its running on 3X 1.2V AA
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2006 at 6:07 PM Post #284 of 940
Since I'm enjoying my portable rig so much these days, I figured I should pop a few pictures of it on here.

inbag.jpg

Here's the whole thing in this great little Japanese bag that jjcha had lying around. The brand is MSPC Master Piece, and they make a lot of awesome bags in Japan. That metal thing is indeed the clasp, and it is quite nice. The whole thing has a great little carrabiner (sp?) in the back to clip onto your belt. Interestingly, the bag is an absolute perfect fit for this setup. The front zips down in such a manner that exposes the full iPod front, and you can zip the two zippers right around the headphone jack so only it is exposed.

outbag.jpg

Here it is out of the bag. Agent 18 case with the nice little velcro coins affixing it to the new Total Bithead. Fantastic little amp for the money, and I haven't even been using it as a DAC nearly as much as I should be. 30 gig iPod in black, of course. The line out was a custom dealie by Audio Line Out.

The whole thing sounds great, although the SR60s are certainly holding it back at the moment. My home rig is in flux while I try to find synergy in a newer pair of headphones and a DAC, so I won't be able to afford the HF1 or SR225 that this setup deserves for a bit.

May 12, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #285 of 940
Quote:

So it can be done? Yay!
biggrin.gif

- Wait, that means I'll have to try it too...
rolleyes.gif

Was that my empty wallet, scuttling to hide under the bed?

It can be done, and I think using 3 or 4 X 1.2V AA would be ideal since the PINT I got now runs on 47-50mA, so it should optimally last for about 50 hours max provided the current discharge from the batteries are ideal. Running them on my 2500mAh GPs tho... not expecting it to go much more than 35 hours =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back