PortableRig010.jpg

Ipod Photo 60gb
Sendstation Pocketdock Lineout
Cardas mini-mini
Unity-Gain Tweaked Cmoy
Shure e5c.

Bliss..

May 8, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #257 of 940
spaceconvoy- what kind of clips are those???

May 8, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #259 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ e
spaceconvoy- what kind of clips are those???

Check out the link in my post for the full construction details - basically I just glued the driver brackets into the headband of a pair of cheap Coby foldables. The model number is CV-H56 if that means anything to you, but they were just the cheapest pair of foldable headphones I could find - $3 at the drugstore.

May 9, 2006 at 6:45 PM Post #260 of 940
Hi-fidelity, portable, noiseless, 24bit/96kHz laptop audio!

Dell Inspiron 9300 ->
iTunes or Exact Audio Copy ->
ALAC/320kbps-MP3/WAV/AIFF/320kbps-AAC ->
Echo Indigo DJ Line-Out ->
RnB Sky Blue Mini V3 ->
RSA Hornet ->
AKG K701 or Etymotic ER4S

May 11, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #261 of 940
My humble little set-up:
U3_PINT_E4.jpg

May 11, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #263 of 940
^
Its the PINT amp, but housed in a plastic transparent casing. You can do that with a lot of DIY amps, but not exactly recommendable n.n;

I get a lot of handphone interference signals >=(
Switching to a metal casing soon
smily_headphones1.gif

The U3 makes a bad source tho (or maybe its my LAME 3.97 ~V2 VBR MP3 files?), soundstage is compressed and details are bleh, sound is also muddy at best, maybe its a bad synergy with my E4g there, had to use BBE1 to make up for a bit. The PINT tightens things up a lot more at similar volumes tho, doesn't feel as loose and widens up the soundstage. With the PINT, I can at least turn off all effects and EQ and enjoy the sound
smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #265 of 940
^
Locally, quite a bit, not only for the looks, but also pricing
biggrin.gif

The U3 1GB is around SG$285 (US$167) where I live, the PINT amp is a great amp (beats the the CMOY2 IMO, and is setting me back about SG$50-60 (US$30-35), with the most expensive thing being my E4g at US$185.

But all in all, the set up is quite small, easily fits in my pockets (I usually ear cargo jeans) but prefer to place them in a belt puch
smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #266 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Filburt
Alright, after some consideration, I've decided to put these pictures back up...hopefully it won't prevent me from being able to acquire another one some time in the future...as I know head-fi tends to cause massive price inflation on eBay
frown.gif
. Although it may not matter, anyhow, as I have serious doubts that one will show up again, anyhow. However, I guess over time I've come to feel a bit more like part of the community here...so I have some immutable inclination to share. Also, I'm going to be taking pictures of the modification process on it (hopefully), so maybe it deserves an introduction beforehand.

This is a Panasonic SL-NP11. These are the only pictures of this unit on the internet. My posts in this forum are, more or less, the only information of any substance on this unit. Everything else out there is just vague references to it in some parts or model list. It's that rare. Fortunately for me, it shares many important parts (such as the transport) with several other units, so it was easy for me to resurrect it from the somewhat dysfunctional state I received it in
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm going to be performing a dual DAC mod, sort of like that which was done to the D-25, on it.

Filburt, I was looking at your rig and had to commend you on the CD in your Panasonic. Friday night in San Francisco is one of the greatest CD's Ive had the pleasure of listening to. Great player and great music...what a combo
icon10.gif

May 11, 2006 at 7:58 AM Post #267 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlarn
Filburt, I was looking at your rig and had to commend you on the CD in your Panasonic. Friday night in San Francisco is one of the greatest CD's Ive had the pleasure of listening to. Great player and great music...what a combo
icon10.gif

Thanks mlarn! Yes, it's a very lovely album, and it sounds fantastic on the panasonic. The NP11, especially after the modifications, is just a fantastic player. It's simply a cut, and then some, above anything I've encountered in PCDP-dom, although my trusty D-335 pairs better with aggressive cans (like Grados) and certain types of music or moods, so I keep it around too
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2006 at 12:54 PM Post #268 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyron
^
Locally, quite a bit, not only for the looks, but also pricing
biggrin.gif

The U3 1GB is around SG$285 (US$167) where I live, the PINT amp is a great amp (beats the the CMOY2 IMO, and is setting me back about SG$50-60 (US$30-35), with the most expensive thing being my E4g at US$185.

But all in all, the set up is quite small, easily fits in my pockets (I usually ear cargo jeans) but prefer to place them in a belt puch
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi there...did you get the shures locally?

at USD$185=SGD$310+ is what I paid for my e3 1.5 years ago...
from what I see the e4g retails at around SG$490? the last time I checked around...what you paid is really a very good price imo and Im looking for an upgrade now...

May 11, 2006 at 1:15 PM Post #269 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by afireinside
0506portaSMALL.jpg

Meh... I want a 30gb ipod video, PA2V2, and a cardas line out dock but my PC setup comes first.

you have a nice psu there. im guessing its a powerstream...520w? and why do the backs of those koss' look shiny or gooey

May 11, 2006 at 1:16 PM Post #270 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyron
My humble little set-up:
U3_PINT_E4.jpg

what have you done to your e4g? this looks interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back