Pictures of your portable rig- Part V: Viva La Audio Revolution
May 14, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #301 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil_JV
FLAC-> RockBox-> 60G 5G-> PX100
f36107e9.jpg

Loving RockBox BTW. Had some problems initially but it now seems to be running flawlessly.

JV.

Oooh... seeing that really makes me want to get a 5G iPod and put RockBox on it. My main quam with the 5G, was that it didn't support FLAC, and RockBox fixes that.

The problem with that plan, is that I have absolutely no spending money.
rolleyes.gif

May 15, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #303 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by CuriousVoiger
X5L + ATH-CM7t + .wav's <---------------> Micro+super.fi5+lame3.97b(320kb)
x5lathcm7t5zu.jpg
zenmicrosuperfi57rx.jpg

which dap you like better?

May 16, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #304 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
That's a beautiful bag Mercuttio. Does anywhere online sell them to North America?

I'm afraid they don't. I liked it so much, I comissioned a friend visiting Japan to buy me a larger bag from the same company!

http://www.master-piece.co.jp/ONLINE...mo/03497c.html

May 16, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #306 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electric_Mofo
Could someone please tell me if there's any battery issues with Rock Box and the Ipod.

I haven't got an iPod but if it's anything like the X5 then rockbox drains the battery. With the official firmware I get about 25-30 hours of playback time, with rockbox I get about 15-20.

However rockbox for both these players is nowhere even near ready to be fully released - the release date is set for November so I'm assuming that the battery life will be something that'll be worked on (with whatever other bugs might want/need fixing)

May 16, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #307 of 940
Quote:

Could someone please tell me if there's any battery issues with Rock Box and the Ipod.

I know that with even using formats such as ogg vorbis, it uses more power regardless of rockbox or not. So i would assume same applies to lossless file types....

May 16, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #308 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasp3r
which dap you like better?

I’ve been listening to the Micro for about a year so I’m used to it. I’ve had the X5L for few days. I’d say the X5L but... not too sure. it’s got this strange enhanced sound giving a sense of being fuller than the Micro, more powerful, enjoyable. the problem I find with this is some part of the music is too enhanced and other not enough (ie Mids!) resulting in unbalanced mess sometimes. Also tha whole sound seems a bit unrefined to me
(or maybe I’m just not used to it)

Apart from this it sounds pretty good.
I’m gonna try this rockbox to see if I can tame the beast.

May 17, 2006 at 8:11 AM Post #311 of 940
Quote:

I am getting about 10 hours from my 5G 60Gb iPod running Rockbox while repeating a 192k VBR mp3 album, which is not bad. It is about the same as reported here

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IpodRuntime

h

May 17, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #312 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
I'm still lovin' that CMoy man. Impressive peice of work.

It looks like a magazine cartrige.

May 18, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #315 of 940
Quote:

Originally Posted by hembergler
The problem with that plan, is that I have absolutely no spending money.
rolleyes.gif

Well you could install it on your mini...
wink.gif
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back