Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part IX]
Nov 9, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #301 of 1,051
I would love to get a MD player, but what's the learning curve like? I really have no clue about how they work, etc.
frown.gif
Oh yeah, ER4P's are amazing - I love them so much. I want the red/blue though!!! Anyone want to trade
wink.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #302 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would love to get a MD player, but what's the learning curve like? I really have no clue about how they work, etc.
frown.gif
Oh yeah, ER4P's are amazing - I love them so much. I want the red/blue though!!! Anyone want to trade
wink.gif

I had the Red/Blue until i had to send them in for repair, now its all black
frown.gif
. But yeah they are truly amazing.

Nov 9, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #303 of 1,051
I'm looking through the posts and it seems loads of you guys are using MDs. Why? I have an MD player and the only way to get songs on a disc is through line-in recording. Won't that degrade the sound? I would think that a DAP playing lossless would sound on par, if not just a little worse, but it would be able to hold much more songs. Thoughts?

Nov 9, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #304 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by That dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking through the posts and it seems loads of you guys are using MDs. Why? I have an MD player and the only way to get songs on a disc is through line-in recording. Won't that degrade the sound? I would think that a DAP playing lossless would sound on par, if not just a little worse, but it would be able to hold much more songs. Thoughts?

You must be talking about the pre-NetMD era. It can now be done via usb. And if I'm not wrong more than 95% of MD recorders can record via optical in. Of course it is cumbersome to record real-time but for the SQ it is worth it.

Nov 9, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #305 of 1,051
^Oh? MD players can be connected to the PC? I have one that dates back to the cretaceous period. Just out of curiosity, how does connecting a MD player to the computer be better than connecting a DAP to the computer in terms of SQ.

Nov 9, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #306 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by That dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My very old MD recorder takes TosLink digital input, straight from my old soundcard.

Nov 9, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #309 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mooore pictures
smily_headphones1.gif
:p

Like seriously. This thread is all TALK and no PICTURES.
confused.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #314 of 1,051
Guess its time to post some updated pics got some new stuff!

Here is my shuffle with a spiffy new Ifrogs case and my repaired Ety's soon to have custom molds!
100_0329.jpg

Here is my Ipod hooked up to my Headsix along with my two new APureSound 75ohm and 120ohm adapters.
100_0333.jpg

And finally my ipod with new case and sticker. It fits a lot better with my Headsix, as the last one had a screw hole that started to scratch the Headsix
frown.gif

100_0334.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back