Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part IX]
Feb 5, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #1,036 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by wgr73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know you want to!
tongue.gif

I would, but Im too damn lazy to get all the URL's together from the past threads, and my rig is already posted here!
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #1,038 of 1,051
I found the PA2V2 to make the sound of my X5 worse, not better... no matter what phones I used.
wink.gif
I see you got some CMOYs in your sig - those are probably better?

That's a very nice theme you have on your X5 - what's the name, and which RB build are you running? Not the official one I assume, due to the album art?

Feb 6, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #1,039 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a very nice theme you have on your X5 - what's the name, and which RB build are you running? Not the official one I assume, due to the album art?

the theme does not have anything to do with the build. The theme is added extra.

Feb 6, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #1,040 of 1,051
Quote:

I found the PA2V2 to make the sound of my X5 worse, not better... no matter what phones I used.
wink.gif
I see you got some CMOYs in your sig - those are probably better?

I remember you from the iAudiophile boards. You have not been active lately; hope all is well. I agree that the Cmoys do sound a bit better than the PA2V2, but I also use this amp to drive the X5L and my cell phone in my truck. It is nice and portable.

I am using the last custom Rockbox build by maxwen0 (MediaMax - Free Online Storage - Share Videos and Photos - Online MP3 Access) and the Clix theme. I compiled and loaded the dual bootloader so I could use Rockbox and the Cowon firmware. There has been a fair amount of new Rockbox development, but I am satisfied with what I have running now.

Feb 6, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #1,041 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the theme does not have anything to do with the build. The theme is added extra.

As I understood it, before anyone built a theme for Rockbox, none existed. In order to get dual boot and album art, I had to download a build that supported those features. Fortuntely, several folks out there put together some decent themes.

Feb 6, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #1,042 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The official Rockbox builds do not support themes with album art, that's why I asked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember you from the iAudiophile boards. You have not been active lately; hope all is well.

I'm more active in the D2 forums as of now... it's my main player at the moment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am using the last custom Rockbox build by maxwen0 (MediaMax - Free Online Storage - Share Videos and Photos - Online MP3 Access) and the Clix theme.

Ah cool, thanks for the info. I've been using the official builds lately, since Maxwen didn't upgrade his builds in the last time (or maybe I just didn't notice). That might be an issue for the new Viewports approach to theming. The Clix theme sure looks fetching.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #1,046 of 1,051
Quote:

The official Rockbox builds do not support themes with album art, that's why I asked.

I'm more active in the D2 forums as of now... it's my main player at the moment.

Ah cool, thanks for the info. I've been using the official builds lately, since Maxwen didn't upgrade his builds in the last time (or maybe I just didn't notice). That might be an issue for the new Viewports approach to theming. The Clix theme sure looks fetching.
smily_headphones1.gif

weird...Rockbox Themes

the tavnos supports album art with "any recent daily build" And that looked very close to what that other guy had, so I jumped on it.

whatever man

Feb 6, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #1,047 of 1,051
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

weird...Rockbox Themes

the tavnos supports album art with "any recent daily build", so album art does work with official rockbox builds. And that looked very close to what that other guy had, so I jumped on it.

whatever man

Feb 6, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #1,048 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amblin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*shock*

What, no iPod!?
rolleyes.gif

I know I am surprised also at your inability to comprehend. Having said about 100000 times that my fav player is my Sony you find me proving this fact surprising. On the other hand iPod is actually a better mix for the Super.Fi 5 Pro at default settings then my sony. Because ipods bass roll off flattens out the Super.fi's over done bass. While with Sony I have to use -2 to -3db EQ.

Feb 8, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #1,050 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thermionic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Current bedside table rig:
Phones.jpg

1Gig Qbe, MiniBox-E+, MiniBox Silver IC, home buiilt mounting bracket, ATH-EW9

That little 1gb Cube player would be cool with the Xin Micro amp and a set of IEMs. A tiny rig that would practically fit in a mint tin or some small case like that, and would sound awesome!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back