Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part IX]
Feb 3, 2008 at 10:18 AM Post #1,021 of 1,051
^
Nice!
Absolutely loved the MS2s the time I tried them out with an Earmax Pro.
How do you like the sound of the Penguin? I;ve been intrigued by its minimalist, yet very cute design.

Feb 3, 2008 at 10:27 AM Post #1,022 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^
Nice!
Absolutely loved the MS2s the time I tried them out with an Earmax Pro.
How do you like the sound of the Penguin? I;ve been intrigued by its minimalist, yet very cute design.

I'm very happy with the MS2s too--exactly what I was looking for to pair up with my HD650s.. I couldn't be happier with them. I'm hope replacing the cable won't mess them up to much--but I can't resist not going for the equinox.
biggrin.gif

As for the penguin.. yah, I basically went for it because of its minimalist design. It sounds great.. slightly warmer and less soundstage than the C&CBox+; but has nice synergy with the MS2, especially for extended listening, IMO.

For anymore description then that.. I can't say. I have yet to experience enough amps and headphones to give much of a comparative review.. I'm new to the whole amps thing. For the longest time I use to listen to my HD650s straight out of the headphone jack of my ipod. I'm learnin' though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #1,024 of 1,051
Thought id post pics of my updated rig, got some custom tips and iMod since my last posting.

Heres the whole rig
100_0381.jpg

My Stevenkelby made V-Cap dock
100_0386.jpg

And my ER4P's with hearityourself.com custom tips
100_0387.jpg

Feb 3, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #1,025 of 1,051
Here's my new NW-HD5H:

img3145ki2.jpg

img3151gk4.jpg

Here's also my stack, which I took a while back:

dsc00353mediumyz0.jpg

Not a "rig", just my gear tower. From the top, Sony NW-S706, Sony NW-HD1, Kenwood HD30GB9, iRiver H10, 4G iMod, APS mini-mini, HeadAmp AE-2 (wish I kept it), Sony D-35, and Denon DCP-150, with my Sennheiser HD 650 and ATH-EW9. Sold some of these gears since.

Feb 4, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #1,026 of 1,051
touch-1.jpg

ipods.jpg

* 2G iPod Nano 4gb + MisterX Mini^3 (w/ IC made by a friend)
* iPod Touch 8gb
* Shure E4c's with my DIY sleeves made from Howard Leight Laser Lite earplugs

Been enjoying the Touch lately with the DIY foamies. I find them to be much more comfortable than the Shure olives which I used until I came across the DIY thread. I had a bunch of earplugs lying around anyway due to being an enthusiast in another area.
tongue.gif

Feb 4, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #1,028 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread is getting a little long, its already past the 1,000 post mark. Who's gonna take the initiative and start the Pictures of Your Portable Rig Part X thread?

You know you want to!
tongue.gif

Feb 4, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #1,029 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread is getting a little long, its already past the 1,000 post mark. Who's gonna take the initiative and start the Pictures of Your Portable Rig Part X thread?

It takes a brave man to bring that up, but it takes a hero to actually start a new "Pictures of Your Portable Rig..." thread.

wink.gif

Feb 4, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #1,031 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by sigsegv0x0B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
attachment.php

My current flavor of the month setup.

*shock*

What, no iPod!?
rolleyes.gif

Feb 4, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #1,032 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by r1ckchard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
touch-1.jpg

ipods.jpg

* 2G iPod Nano 4gb + MisterX Mini^3 (w/ IC made by a friend)
* iPod Touch 8gb
* Shure E4c's with my DIY sleeves made from Howard Leight Laser Lite earplugs

Been enjoying the Touch lately with the DIY foamies. I find them to be much more comfortable than the Shure olives which I used until I came across the DIY thread. I had a bunch of earplugs lying around anyway due to being an enthusiast in another area.
tongue.gif

I used to use very similiar DIY foamies on a pair of shure e4s until Shure let the black foamies out of the gate!

Feb 5, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #1,033 of 1,051
I replaced my 80gig iPod video with a Zune2 80gig. The Beyers aren't portable
tongue.gif
but I need to send my Shure E4s in for repair (cord split open near the right bud)
zune880s.jpg

Feb 5, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #1,034 of 1,051
Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Fidelity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to use very similiar DIY foamies on a pair of shure e4s until Shure let the black foamies out of the gate!

I'm the exact opposite. Been using Shure's black foamies until I decided to make my own.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back