Pictures of your portable rig- Part IV- A fresh start
Feb 28, 2006 at 7:53 PM Post #436 of 595
Wouldn't be worth posting a pic of my (borrowed from my roommate)'s 4G iPod 40GB and SR-80s.. but I had to ask the question:
How many of you walk around with these things, especially around campus? I don't think I'll ever get the picture of the socked K1000s out of my head.. that's some serious dedication.. I was a little uneasy even wearing my SR-80s out in public until I saw that picture.

Many of the cans I've seen people post have big, clunky cables (like my SR-80s). What do you pros do to keep from tripping on it? I have mine coiled up in my pocket but it doesn't stay.

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:09 PM Post #437 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wipeout
Many of the cans I've seen people post have big, clunky cables (like my SR-80s). What do you pros do to keep from tripping on it? I have mine coiled up in my pocket but it doesn't stay.

Wire-twisters. Rubberbands. They help
wink.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 8:19 AM Post #438 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brunobiseu
I plan to use the Stax with the smaller (and lighter) Sony D-EJ2000 (US version), which should arrive this week; I'll post an updated photo later...
wink.gif

Bruno

Hi Bruno. Greetings from Portugal
biggrin.gif

Well, may I ask you why are you trading your d-555, for the d-ej2000? I assume it has nothing to do with the d-555's quality, but just that you need portability which the d-555 doesn't have. Is that it?

Mar 1, 2006 at 9:51 AM Post #439 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wipeout

I usually thread my Grado cable around my waist in the beltloop of my trousers (sorry, can't bring myself to say pants
biggrin.gif
). Takes care of the extra length of cable perfectly.

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:08 PM Post #440 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtr3me
I was thinking the exact same thing :p
Of course, if he hadn't put any sticker on it, it'd look like a money case, which wouldn't exactly help
biggrin.gif

then you put a haz-mat or medical waste sticker on it
smily_headphones1.gif
course, that might not be so good in airport security
rolleyes.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 8:58 PM Post #441 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtr3me
Hi Bruno. Greetings from Portugal
biggrin.gif

Well, may I ask you why are you trading your d-555, for the d-ej2000? I assume it has nothing to do with the d-555's quality, but just that you need portability which the d-555 doesn't have. Is that it?

Dear xtr3me,

You got it right, the D-EJ2000 choice just has to do with me actually wanting to try and use the Stax system on the move, something that just isn't practical with the D-555... Besides, I didn't want to risk damaging this Discman.
wink.gif
It's one of my favourite pieces of audio equipment, and since I bough it scratch free... I'll try and keep it that way.

Bruno

Mar 2, 2006 at 7:42 AM Post #442 of 595
Here's my beautiful 8Gb Zen MicroPhoto

zmp_small.jpg

And my 5Gb Zen Micro

PICT5000.JPG

Mar 2, 2006 at 10:02 AM Post #443 of 595
My portable rig consists of any combination of the following depending how much portablity I need, how much music I want, what I am doing, and where I am going.

Iaudio G3 and Altec IM716
DSCF0148.jpg

Iriver H320(Messing with rockbox firmware but not digginf it to much)
DSCF0147.jpg

Pioneer AirWare XM Satelite Radiooooooo
DSCF0146.jpg

Koss Plugz (abused)
DSCF0149.jpg

Allesandro MS1
DSCF0151.jpg

And a pair of Koss ksc75s my wife swiped and has at the gym.

Mar 2, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #445 of 595
I couldn't go without visiting Head-Fi for a month, lol...

anyway, I just got the laptop for my bday and I'm using the same gear as always, just wanted to post it up (otherwise I would've extended my absence, lol)...

800_6122.jpg

btw that's not my ugly handwriting on the ethernet dongle, it's the guy's who I bought it from.

Mar 3, 2006 at 12:40 AM Post #447 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
I couldn't go without visiting Head-Fi for a month, lol...

anyway, I just got the laptop for my bday and I'm using the same gear as always, just wanted to post it up (otherwise I would've extended my absence, lol)...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...5/800_6122.jpg

btw that's not my ugly handwriting on the ethernet dongle, it's the guy's who I bought it from.

That is an amazing laptop. What model is it? Makes me wish I didn't buy a pda and got something more useful like that instead.

Mar 3, 2006 at 12:40 AM Post #448 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
D-EJ915, it's about time you posted.
biggrin.gif

Imported Vaio Lappy? A friend had some other brand windows laptop from Japan that was absolutely tiny and stylish too.

Been a while, hasn't it lol. Seems there's a post your computer thread so I'll talk about it over there
wink.gif

oh, and *waves hi to everybody*

@chiggachu: they haven't been produced for a few years now, I think 2003 the was the last model year, it's a Sony Vaio PCG-C1 series.

Mar 3, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #449 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brunobiseu
Here is my humble contribution to this thread, even though it is not exactly portable, more... err... like... transportable!
icon10.gif

SonyStax.jpg

Y'all should know what these are, but just in case:
Sony Discman D-Z555; Stax SR-001 MkII; custom made Kimber GK-Mini Hybrid (Silver/Copper).

I plan to use the Stax with the smaller (and lighter) Sony D-EJ2000 (US version), which should arrive this week; I'll post an updated photo later...
wink.gif

Bruno

Humble? If that D555 sounds as good as people say it does, then you've got one of the best sounding (trans)portable rigs around. Mine is pretty similar, though with a stock Kimber mini and either a D311 or a Fisher PCD5400.

The SR-001 beats custom-molded canalphones. It's such a shame that so few people know about it. I also wish the system was a bit more portable, but I guess you can't have everything.

Mar 4, 2006 at 1:03 PM Post #450 of 595
My shiny new Zen Vision:M!

zvm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back