Pictures of your portable rig- Part III of the infinite trilogy
Oct 31, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #361 of 1,017
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
You forget if you have a movie on your iPod are you really going to watch it more than once? Mind you, if you have a 30GB iPod you can't if its Revenge Of The Sith for example.
Anyway, I would guess that portable video is more about watching episodes of Simpsons/Family Guy than watching a movie on a tiny screen?

Why wouldn't you watch a movie more than once? What's the point of purchasing a movie if you didn't plan on watching it more than once. All the movies on my iPod are ones that I enjoy watching multiple times. TV shows are definately more to what the iPod's video was intended to be used for, but that's no reason to discount its ability to play full-length movies as well.

Nov 1, 2005 at 12:17 AM Post #362 of 1,017
Camera Phone Pic:

image0587xw.jpg

More Pics Here:

PhotoBlog

cool.gif

Nov 1, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #365 of 1,017
Hey xluben,

how did you get the blue light on that PA2v2? Did you do any more mods to the amp? How do you like the SuperFi EB with the PA2v2? Talk about bass
600smile.gif

Nov 1, 2005 at 4:27 AM Post #367 of 1,017
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
here is my modest rig... none of these facy amps or anything
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif

DSC01487.jpg

looks fantastic if you ask me.
i love the simplicity and colour scheme.

Nov 1, 2005 at 4:46 AM Post #368 of 1,017
hceiv -

I asked Gary to put in the blue LED for me when I ordered it. I got the clear faceplate when I sent it back to him to lower the gain (for use with the Super.fi 5EB's). He was very accomadating to my requests, but said he doesn't have the time/resources to do more amps like mine. I think it would be very easy to de-solder the red LED and put in a blue one if you wanted to do it yourself, but it might look wierd (purple) with the stock red, transparent faceplate.

I really like the PA2V2 with the EB's. It brings out the best in them
basshead.gif
I think it really does sound good, though (not just the bass).

Nov 1, 2005 at 6:37 AM Post #369 of 1,017

42347a75.jpg

5cecac71.jpg

Ety ER-6i + iPod

5af2cbfe.jpg

Front View...only 419 songs because my library deleted itself spontaneously.

Previous Setup/Upgrade path: Koss Plugs + Philips PCDP -> Sennheiser PX200 + iPod 3G -> Shure E2c -> Current

Used to have:
brushedipod-hl2.jpg

but it fell out of my pocket as I was getting off the bus without me noticing. Sigh. And yeah, I did do the brushmetal myself
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2005 at 6:56 AM Post #371 of 1,017
I requested a new PA2V2 case from Gary, i was tired of having a small box i set my iPod on top of, it would always fall off on accident and i cant afford to break my new 60gb iPod right now. The case cost 10$ shipped to me, and I'm loving it so far. The bottom battery cover is a pretty cool extra also.

Nov 1, 2005 at 7:16 AM Post #373 of 1,017
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
HD 580s arrived today, my portable headphone rig is complete.

headroom micro stack, Iriver hp120 optical cable, no loss uncompressed wav

so how do you think the micro dac sounds.I compared to my dac1 can't hear so much difference...

I believe the H120&MICRO DAC&SM3(or a other better portable amp)-UE10PRO/ES3/2X combo
are the portable hi-end setup.
lambda.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back