Pictures of your portable rig- Part III of the infinite trilogy
Sep 23, 2005 at 10:44 PM Post #106 of 1,017
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakets
Since selling my iPod, i found my little no name 512mb flash player, it actually sounds quite good
blink.gif
I got it for 30$ on ebay new.
orphsmile.gif

setup20.jpg

Unamped it does nothing for me though, dosent even begin to push the hd280's.

That mp3 player looks like the ones a cellphone service provider (Rogers) was givingaway with every cell phone purchase like a year ago. My sis got one of them, and somehow managed to pop the lcd screen glass out...

Sep 24, 2005 at 5:35 AM Post #110 of 1,017
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter
That mp3 player looks like the ones a cellphone service provider (Rogers) was givingaway with every cell phone purchase like a year ago. My sis got one of them, and somehow managed to pop the lcd screen glass out...

Well thats probably the same one then. First day i got it, i was cleaning the lcd and the glass on it just broke.. I didnt even apply enough pressure to do any harm, or so i thought. Ah well, good thing it was only protecting a 5$ lcd.
orphsmile.gif

Sep 24, 2005 at 9:35 PM Post #113 of 1,017
cimg41513cq.jpg

cimg41557yt.jpg

(One of the 'buds on my E3cs is clogged(ew..). Any body know of a safe way to clean them??)

Starting at top left...

RCA HP900 vibrating headphones, the infamous Bose Triports( were broken in three spots, sent them in, got new ones no questions asked
biggrin.gif
), Sennheiser PXC-150.

Center:

Shure E3c

Starting at bottom left...

Iriver Slimx Imp-900, Creative Zen Micro, 20GB Apple Ipod Color( on Serengeti baggie), Rubber Ipod skin.

Sep 24, 2005 at 9:36 PM Post #114 of 1,017
V200E2c2.jpg

Very practical (usb plug in unit / drag and drop / rechargeable AAA), pocket friendly, sounds good.

Sep 24, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #115 of 1,017
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mano
V200E2c2.jpg

Very practical (usb plug in unit / drag and drop / rechargeable AAA), pocket friendly, sounds good.

Nice rig. Hows the output of the Muvo? I'm considering one for getting around and when I need a lightweight mp3 player.

My portable. X5 to KSC-75 is a stunning combination. These 75's are really the poor man's Grados.

x5.jpg

Sep 24, 2005 at 11:08 PM Post #116 of 1,017
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vences5[img
http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/1020/cimg41557yt.jpg[/img]

Gorgoroth is a great way to go deaf
biggrin.gif
. How do you like your player with their music? Most of the time all I got was just fuzz and not a lot of definition.

Sep 24, 2005 at 11:37 PM Post #117 of 1,017
Quote:

Originally Posted by phosfiend
And here in the warm embrace of the ATH-PRO700:

How do these sound? You should do a write up, there's almost no information on them here. BTW, nice saitek
wink.gif

jesse

Sep 25, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #118 of 1,017
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX
Nice rig. Hows the output of the Muvo? I'm considering one for getting around and when I need a lightweight mp3 player.

My portable. X5 to KSC-75 is a stunning combination. These 75's are really the poor man's Grados.

As point of reference i can say it has around the same power as my MZ-NH600D (and now that i check the manual its around that rate too, says 5-7mW output, but i think its a clearer signal, and better sound all around on the muvo (to my ears); the power is more than sufficient with my E2cs and the included Creative earbuds, bear in mind they are easy to drive, i dont know if it would do good with hungrier cans.

Maybe someone with a similar setup and hungrier cans can help us? im a bit curious too (planning to buy a Grado SR60-80 or alessandro MS1, but i think those are easy to drive too ).

I do recommend the V200 a lot, its very practic for my particular use: all my University work is very easy to transport: powerpoint presentations, pictures, cad drawings,etc. and it doesnt neea an usb cable since the plug is in the unit, the drag and drop is a blessing compared to sonicstage that i had to use with my himd unit, the size is very good to use in the pocket, and the sound is good.

Be warned though since the backlight buzz is very present (doesnt bother me but some people doesnt like it), and some others report random clicks on the sound (not my case), so if you can, try it before buying

Where i live (Peru) there arent any kind of good cans, imports have out of this world prices, and i always have to wait for a family member or friend to go on a trip so i can get decent electronic stuff, i would really like to try those KSC75 or 35s, the price is great for the kind of descriptions i always read, i will probably get a chance at the end of next month.

I got the E2cs in a lucky day, was walking around a very known market of electronics in Peru, and this guy was selling used stuff, i spotted the E2cs and got them for around 15 USD...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back