Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
Oct 16, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #106 of 1,119
  YOU SHALL NOT TROLL!!!
biggrin.gif

OK n0str, no more TROLL-ING
wink_face.gif

Say Lookingfor, unlike U2 I have finally found what you're Lookingfor
biggrin.gif

By the way there is no 30 pin on that iPhone 4 because it drives a pair of PX100's with aplomb

Oct 20, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #108 of 1,119
I've been absolutely loving this pairing recently with Hisounds Rocco BA and RDB+ v1 Mini. I've packed my other gear away because other pairings just sound average compared. I could use other DAPs like DX50, Studio V, IHIFI-760 etc etc... But when you put these two together it's like magic and I'm overly content just to sit on these for a while. 

The coherency is really up there, being able to pick out background singers and instruments easily over the main vocalist is a breeze around the soundstage. Best of all I really don't need to pump the volume up to get good detail extension or hear micro samples, it's rather effortless and sounds great at idling levels. Airy would be another word to describe it, and rather crisp or cool in tonality. If anything a little more bass would be welcome because the low ends very much neutral due to some roll-off present from the Rocco, the mids and treble are just so 'clear' clean that I'm pretty much done for a while with this. Well worth the $400 I paid for the v1 Mini. Making DX50 paired with anything else I own sound "meh"

Rather amazing how much synergy rules the roost of the audio world, you could pay hundreds upon hundreds for a DAP and CIEM, but if the synergy doesn't match you're really going no-where fast. I guess this below is one of those freak pairings people speak about because it sure has me impressed!

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #115 of 1,119

That looks just like what is on my nightstand right now....16GB Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (GT-P6210) in a Blurex case that opens to  a stand.
smile.gif

Oct 21, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #117 of 1,119
OK n0str, no more TROLL-ING:wink_face:

Say Lookingfor, unlike U2 I have finally found what you're Lookingfor:D

By the way there is no 30 pin on that iPhone 4 because it drives a pair of PX100's with aplomb

Haha looks wise I'd say I have found what I've finally been looking for though with the many impressions that they have smoother treble than the jh13, I'd give it a pass. I personally love aggressive treble, it helps me concentrate on the music and not completely forget I'm listening to music

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #119 of 1,119
kickin' it a little old school today.  Just acquired these CK10's that needs a plug replacement.  Best 40 bucks I spent in awhile.

Fuze>LOD>T3D>CK10

Oct 25, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #120 of 1,119

Users who are viewing this thread

Back