Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
Apr 28, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #856 of 1,119
Oh sorry forgot to put that on my message.

JVC HA-FX850

Available only in Japan but have a loyal following around the world. They have a very fun and engaging sound signature. Love them.

They have their own thread here on head-if as well.

Cheers,
K

Available in sg too :speak_no_evil:

Are Grado gr8 good? There $300, are they worth it? Thanks!

Tried them before.... they really do sound like a BA but with the speed of DDs

Apr 28, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #858 of 1,119
Available in sg too :speak_no_evil:
Tried them before.... they really do sound like a BA but with the speed of DDs

Wow, cool. They seem to slowly spread out of Japan.... You guys in live in a technology hotspot in Singapore, been there 10 or 12 years back and I was floored about the amount of tech available everywhere...

But then the prices of cars....wow.... 

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #859 of 1,119
Ok, Umm what's "BA" and "DD"?
I'm still getting into terms,

I've been noticing sound quality allot lately

BAs are balanced armatures.
DDs are dynamic drivers.

Wow, cool. They seem to slowly spread out of Japan.... You guys in live in a technology hotspot in Singapore, been there 10 or 12 years back and I was floored about the amount of tech available everywhere...

But then the prices of cars....wow.... 

Everything is ex here.

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #862 of 1,119
  https://www.massdrop.com/buy/topping-nx1-headphone-amp

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004FEEY9A/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A134C7TMP2R0RJ

http://smile.amazon.com/Fiio-X1-FiiO-Silver/dp/B00NS3MRKC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1430189145&sr=1-1&keywords=fiio+x1

$212

What's super crazy is I can get free shipping on all, my last NX1 was $26 so with the $71 and $99.99 it would have been $196 total and this rig could have fallen into budget rig, I'm sure you know it is top notch if considered a budget rig
wink_face.gif

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #863 of 1,119
  What's super crazy is I can get free shipping on all, my last NX1 was $26 so with the $71 and $99.99 it would have been $196 total and this rig could have fallen into budget rig, I'm sure you know it is top notch if considered a budget rig
wink_face.gif

I just did a quick search to show it's in that ballpark price wise. A good rig for sure.

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #864 of 1,119

I just did a quick search to show it's in that ballpark price wise. A good rig for sure.

If I had timed it better, I might have been able to do a little better.  I bought the X1 back in January, then the rest a couple weeks ago from Amazon.  I'm still new to all of this so I don't know of all the different places to buy from.  Seems like everything except the cans went on sale right after I bought them.  Of course, if I throw in the cost of the 128gig micro sdxc card, it throws the cost up.  I do like the set up though and I just posted a review of it this morning in the portable amp forum in the NX1 thread.

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #865 of 1,119
  If I had timed it better, I might have been able to do a little better.  I bought the X1 back in January, then the rest a couple weeks ago from Amazon.  I'm still new to all of this so I don't know of all the different places to buy from.  Seems like everything except the cans went on sale right after I bought them.  Of course, if I throw in the cost of the 128gig micro sdxc card, it throws the cost up.  I do like the set up though and I just posted a review of it this morning in the portable amp forum in the NX1 thread.

And a good first review it was Fourrobert, good point on the Micro SD card. That baby alone will pretty much take all budget rigs on into Mid-Fi $200-$600
blink.gif

Apr 28, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #866 of 1,119
I think I might get the t10i first since I can change the filters

The t10is are very very very very very very very very very very bassy. Do not get them unless you LOVE bass.

GR8 and SE315 are on the other end of the spectrum.
Se315 is slightly warm but neutral. GR8 is the brighter side of neutral. They do not have drowning bass While t10i does. Between GR8 and SE315 id get the GR8. As GR8 has the speed and attack of a DD but maintains the resolution of a BA while the single BA SE315 does have resolution but gets a bit overwhelmed in fast paced tracks.

Apr 28, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #867 of 1,119
Ok thank you,
How about also, the
Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2?

Ultamatly I'm wanting to save up for the Shure se846, but I'm not sure when.

The t10is are very very very very very very very very very very bassy. Do not get them unless you LOVE bass.

Se315 is slightly warm but neutral. GR8 is the brighter side of neutral. They do not have drowning bass While t10i does. Between GR8 and SE315 id get the GR8. As GR8 has the speed and attack of a DD but maintains the resolution of a BA while the single BA SE315 does have resolution but gets a bit overwhelmed in fast paced tracks.

Apr 28, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #868 of 1,119
Ultimately I'm wanting a warmer sounding IEM that gives more space volume to my music and great detail and quality

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #870 of 1,119
Ultimately I'm wanting a warmer sounding IEM that gives more space volume to my music and great detail and quality

Don't get t10i then. They aren't warm. Amongst all that bass they are actually quite clear. You just have to crank up the volume high.

Se846 is extremely smooth... and mellow... that's all I can say. Can't say that I think it's worth its price tho. Others will disagree.

I guess it's up to u whether u want Se315 or gr8. Sq wise id say gr8 sound sig wise id say Se315. But there are more iems out there. If you're looking at se846 you're ready for the TOTLs and the higher mid tier iems. Research on those. K10 is a good warm iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back