Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Jun 12, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #2,356 of 3,551
Congrats on your accomplishment, project86. Hmmm, perhaps this huge undertaking is related to your screen name "project86." What I really wanna know is 
wink_face.gif
 what's on the Motown label that adorns the headphone stand?

Jun 12, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #2,357 of 3,551
Quote:
 What I really wanna know is 
wink_face.gif
 what's on the Motown label that adorns the headphone stand?

The stand is actually comprised of two different records - one for each half. One side is Diana Ross, the other side is Rick James. So there's a little bit of class, and a little bit of funk... 
regular_smile .gif

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #2,358 of 3,551
Did you buy that stand or DIY it? I have some old damaged stuff that I'm making coasters with and I'd like to give that a shot.

Quote:

The stand is actually comprised of two different records - one for each half. One side is Diana Ross, the other side is Rick James. So there's a little bit of class, and a little bit of funk... 
regular_smile%20.gif

Jun 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #2,359 of 3,551
Quote:
Did you buy that stand or DIY it? I have some old damaged stuff that I'm making coasters with and I'd like to give that a shot.

Check out ReThirtyThree  to see this and other cool repurposed vinyl products. I'm sure you could do it yourself, but I wouldn't know where to begin. 

Jun 15, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #2,360 of 3,551
El_Doug, I take my hat off to you. That Marantz stack just does it for me in ways I cant fully enunciate. I'll be happy with the PM7001 KI, but your pre/power combo is awesome. 

Jun 29, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #2,366 of 3,551
Quote:
"Look at me...I'm Sachu...I have prototype amps..."

frown.gif

But seriously, that setup looks amazing. Although anytime you throw some Stax electrostats into the mix, it's pretty much guaranteed to be incredible.

Jun 29, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #2,367 of 3,551
Trust me...they weren't cheap, not as well built, RISKY to build,  is a ways away circuit wise and a far cry packaging wise from the final product. The amount of time, frustration and events i have had to miss out with friends i was probably better off buying the commercial product. And i can't sell them if i wanted to buy something else  (not that i desire to)

Anyways, my prototyping days are long over and happy for it. :)

Jun 29, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #2,368 of 3,551
Trust me...they weren't cheap, not as well built, RISKY to build,  is a ways away circuit wise and a far cry packaging wise from the final product. The amount of time, frustration and events i have had to miss out with friends i was probably better off buying the commercial product. And i can't sell them if i wanted to buy something else  (not that i desire to)

Anyways, my prototyping days are long over and happy for it. :)

While I'd imagine all that is true your LF is still a preamp. :D

Jul 1, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #2,370 of 3,551
Quote:
My headphone listening area as it currently stands.....

That's a nice looking HD 800 that I'd bet sounds great with that Marantz/Cavalli combo. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back