Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Jun 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #2,343 of 3,551
very sexy marantz stack!

Jun 6, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #2,345 of 3,551
AUGH the blue BH. Dear god. 

Forget the Marantz stack, give me that and your 009. 

I'll take the Marantz stack when your Quads show up. 
wink.gif

Jun 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #2,349 of 3,551
Finally, I have a somewhat permanent setup going so I figure it's time to post it. This is my "reference system" used for reviewing gear, both on this site as well as at InnerFidelity. I deliberately chose to incorporate the stuff I feel is "best" rather than just "most expensive". So my MBL 1511E DAC is omitted in favor of the much more affordable Anedio D2, and the Marantz SA-1 with extensive Audiomod upgrades doesn't make it but the obscure JF Digital HDM-03S music server does (even though it is far less expensive, and has little to no name brand prestige/recognition). 

I've also deliberately kept some relatively low price gear in play - I feel it is relevant for review purposes to have a wide variety of sources and amps available. Some of this stuff will be swapped in and out but most of it (certainly the top few shelves worth) is here for the long haul. 

Pardon the poor quality of the pictures... click them for a larger version if you dare.

The whole thing sits on a Salamander Archetype 5.0 rack with an extra shelf added:

Starting at the top shelf: Lawton Audio LA7000 lite with Jarrah cups and J$ v3 pads, Audio Technica W1000x with custom damping, Smeggy made Thunderpants TP1 in curly koa with Beyer velour pads, HiFiMAN HE-400 with Lawton pads and upgraded cable (CablePro Earcandy or Toxic Cables Hybrid for balanced use). Not pictured (don't know where they were that day) are the Ultrasone Edition 8 and Signature Pro. 

Next shelf down: JF Digital HDM-03S music server and Kao Audio UD2C-HP DAC

Next shelf down: Analog Design Labs Svetlana 2 tube amp, Anedio D2 DAC

Next shelf down: Yulong Sabre D18 DAC and A18 amp, Violectric V800 DAC and V200 amp

Next shelf down:Matrix Quattro DAC and matching Quattro amp, Lake People G109P and G103P

Bottom shelf: Apex Butte with Yixin tube buffer, Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 and Yulong D100 MKII

Power: CablePro Revelation with CablePro Reverie AC cables (except for the Kao Audio DAC which comes with its own premium Monitor Acoustics cable)

IEMs: I store my custom IEMs nearby in a repurposed humidor. They range from under $200 to well over $1K, single driver to 8 driver, stock cable and aftermarket. This actually isn't everything but close enough for now.  

The astute may notice that not everything is connected - true at the moment I took these, but in real life everything is ready to go by now. I do have to move the SPDIF cable from source to DAC when trying something new, a problem I will rectify shortly when I get my new Auraliti PK90 music server. That has dual USB outs (plus I'm keeping the JF Digital unit), so I hope to keep almost everything ready to go for easy comparisons.

This certainly isn't the most expensive system you'll see in this thread, but it sounds great and I enjoy it. I have a much easier time comparing and contrasting new stuff for review now that I've got everything organized. Prior to this, it was just set up all over the place, and I was constantly shuffling things around in order to compare. 

Thanks for looking!

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #2,350 of 3,551
Nice setup there project!

Jun 10, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #2,351 of 3,551
Quote:
Finally, I have a somewhat permanent setup going so I figure it's time to post it.

Nice gears, congrats on getting it all functionally organized.

And I thought my rig was complicated
rolleyes.gif

Jun 12, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #2,355 of 3,551
Quote:
Finally, I have a somewhat permanent setup going so I figure it's time to post it. This is my "reference system" used for reviewing gear, both on this site as well as at InnerFidelity. I deliberately chose to incorporate the stuff I feel is "best" rather than just "most expensive". So my MBL 1511E DAC is omitted in favor of the much more affordable Anedio D2, and the Marantz SA-1 with extensive Audiomod upgrades doesn't make it but the obscure JF Digital HDM-03S music server does (even though it is far less expensive, and has little to no name brand prestige/recognition). 

I've also deliberately kept some relatively low price gear in play - I feel it is relevant for review purposes to have a wide variety of sources and amps available. Some of this stuff will be swapped in and out but most of it (certainly the top few shelves worth) is here for the long haul. 

The astute may notice that not everything is connected - true at the moment I took these, but in real life everything is ready to go by now. I do have to move the SPDIF cable from source to DAC when trying something new, a problem I will rectify shortly when I get my new Auraliti PK90 music server. That has dual USB outs (plus I'm keeping the JF Digital unit), so I hope to keep almost everything ready to go for easy comparisons.

This certainly isn't the most expensive system you'll see in this thread, but it sounds great and I enjoy it. I have a much easier time comparing and contrasting new stuff for review now that I've got everything organized. Prior to this, it was just set up all over the place, and I was constantly shuffling things around in order to compare. 

Thanks for looking!

A lot of good Chinese gear there Project, proof that there are quality made high end Chinese equipment for some of those that have doubts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back