Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Mar 23, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #2,191 of 3,551
Budget - yes - design cues, not so much. Sorry, m0gwai, but your living room looks like a display apartment. No-one I know lives in a display apartment. Horses for courses, and purely my opinion. 

I like it. I think it looks like he's ballin' out of control :)

Mar 23, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #2,192 of 3,551

Quote:
That white couch looks awesome, is it firm and comfy? Why have a TV when you have a projector though? Why not just keep the screen extended all the time?

Well the projector is not the best during the day, since on the left we have a 6 meters wide window, so we keep the projector for the evening and use the TV during the day

Mar 23, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #2,193 of 3,551
I liked it, too. I'd have chosen different colors, but the layout was nice and open...and simple. I like simple.

Quote:
I like it. I think it looks like he's ballin' out of control
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #2,194 of 3,551
anyway less talk about interior design and more headphone rig pics, here's a quick one of my rack...

Woo WES
PS Audio Perfectwave DAC with bridge (MKII)
PS Audio Perfectwave memory player
Origen S21T HTPC

Mar 23, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #2,196 of 3,551
This really is gorgeous. 

How do you like the PS Audio gear. I want one of their power centers in the end. 

What all does their memory player do? It's obviously a CD transport, but is it a sever as well? I've been a bit foggy on that. 

Quote:
anyway less talk about interior design and more headphone rig pics, here's a quick one of my rack...

Woo WES
PS Audio Perfectwave DAC with bridge (MKII)
PS Audio Perfectwave memory player
Origen S21T HTPC

Mar 23, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #2,197 of 3,551

Quote:
This really is gorgeous. 

How do you like the PS Audio gear. I want one of their power centers in the end. 

What all does their memory player do? It's obviously a CD transport, but is it a sever as well? I've been a bit foggy on that. 

I really love the PS audio stuff, I'm very pleased with the DAC and the transport; I also want one of their power center but since in Switzerland we use country specific power outlets, I would either need to buy an EU model and change all my power cable or contact them to see if they can build custom.

What the memory player does is it pulls data from the disc basically reading the files not as audio files but as raw data like a computer would and then write to a memory buffer which is then used to feed the DAC using I2S, from what I understand the advantage of doing that is first it's eliminating the error correction happening when reading from a disc and also helps reduce the jitter, at least that's how I understand it, there's actually a pretty technical review on 6moons if you're interested in more details, to my ears the combo just sound beautiful

The memory player is not a server but their DAC has a bridge option which basically is a fancy ethernet card that you insert in an expansion bay that let you stream any audio file that you have on your home network, I have mine connected to my 24TB NAS were all my music and movies are stored and it works very well, they have an iphone/ipad app that is surpisingly well done, I controll it with my Ipad and it's pretty nice, also since they both have internet connectivity, they can display cover art and album info on the front touchscreen.

Mar 23, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #2,198 of 3,551
So it's a fancy CD transport that operates over I2S? Sounds nice to me. I was considering the PS Audio gear for awhile. It'd definitely be 'going all out' though for me. 

I wish I could hear the pair first before shooting for that. To know that's where I want to go. 8 grand for the pair is a tough number to swallow. 

Quote:
I really love the PS audio stuff, I'm very pleased with the DAC and the transport; I also want one of their power center but since in Switzerland we use country specific power outlets, I would either need to buy an EU model and change all my power cable or contact them to see if they can build custom.

What the memory player does is it pulls data from the disc basically reading the files not as audio files but as raw data like a computer would and then write to a memory buffer which is then used to feed the DAC using I2S, from what I understand the advantage of doing that is first it's eliminating the error correction happening when reading from a disc and also helps reduce the jitter, at least that's how I understand it, there's actually a pretty technical review on 6moons if you're interested in more details, to my ears the combo just sound beautiful

The memory player is not a server but their DAC has a bridge option which basically is a fancy ethernet card that you insert in an expansion bay that let you stream any audio file that you have on your home network, I have mine connected to my 24TB NAS were all my music and movies are stored and it works very well, they have an iphone/ipad app that is surpisingly well done, I controll it with my Ipad and it's pretty nice, also since they both have internet connectivity, they can display cover art and album info on the front touchscreen.

Mar 23, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #2,199 of 3,551
pabbi1 is planning on getting at least the mark II. I doubt he'll be picking up the memory player, though. Maybe you'll be able to hook up your gear to his mark II next meet.

Mar 23, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #2,200 of 3,551
He's already got that amazing spinner. Don't think he'd need the Memory Player. I might hit him up to try that Mk II though. 

We'll see how the next few months pan out. The last thing I really want to buy for at least a bit is my Emotiva Pre-amp. After that I might snag the P3 I've had my eye on. Trying to go across this many mediums (CD, Vinyl, PC) is rough. :D Mainly trying to decide what to focus on next.

Quote:
pabbi1 is planning on getting at least the mark II. I doubt he'll be picking up the memory player, though. Maybe you'll be able to hook up your gear to his mark II next meet.

Mar 23, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #2,201 of 3,551
He's selling the cd player. Doesn't like it. Can't say I blame him. Too sweet and smooth, not enough detail.

Mar 23, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #2,202 of 3,551
Hmmm...I wonder what he'll end up with. 

I thought he liked it, but we didn't talk much about it at the meet. Shame to hear he's unsatisfied. 

Quote:
He's selling the cd player. Doesn't like it. Can't say I blame him. Too sweet and smooth, not enough detail.

Mar 23, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #2,203 of 3,551
He's doing the same thing as I am. Computer to DAC and skipping out on discs entirely.

Mar 23, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #2,205 of 3,551
I won't miss it at all. When I'm at home I use only the computer, but I have had a CD player in place in my rig as a secondary source. It was rare I would ever use it, and really only keep one around for meets. Now I do not have it in my rig and haven't missed it since coming home from the meet. I will have to figure out what to do for meets though. Netbook or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back