Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Feb 6, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #871 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by melomaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
be sure to post pictures after the fire here :wink:

Fire! Fire! Fire!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My modest «high-end» system around the HD 800 and my two electrostats:

ttp://www.head-fi.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25735&stc=1&d=12652267 36

Very nice I have been intrigued by the McCormack gear, hope you are enjoying it. The Mapletree is a very nice sounding amp.

Feb 11, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #872 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Boy_Named_Sue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My system
<snip>

It's nice, but looks so lonely, even sad if i think about it.
frown.gif

Feb 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #875 of 3,551
Looks so industrial, is that a Wood Storage?

I see what he did there...
smily_headphones1.gif
With current financial crisis wood selling doesn't go so well. So guess he's trying to beat the competition, while the customer shop for wood at his shop, they can have a high-end audio experience.

Feb 12, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #876 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Boy_Named_Sue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My system
rack.JPG

What's that White Big CD Player (?). Looks awesome!

Feb 12, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #877 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by XSAlliN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks so industrial, is that a Wood Storage?

I see what he did there...
smily_headphones1.gif
With current financial crisis wood selling doesn't go so well. So guess he's trying to beat the competition, while the customer shop for wood at his shop, they can have a high-end audio experience.

Looks industrial because it is industrial. It's his speaker factory!

Feb 12, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #878 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by btf1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Garrard 301 turntable belongs to John DeVore of DeVORE FIDELITY welcome - Speakers are his prototype called the "Orangutans". They will retail for $7500.

Listened to it on Friday with Shindo tube gear. It was nice.
biggrin.gif

My recap here.

Visit to DeVore Fidelity Speakers (Monkeyhaus) pics - SH Forums

The speakers to the right of the turntable are SO beautiful! I haven't seen a lot of bookmatched "fiddleback" maple veneers on loudspeakers and always felt it would be a beautiful effect.

For the record, I also really love the juxtaposition of chipboard walls and beautifully finished audio gear. Very cool...

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #880 of 3,551
Once again, I'm not sure exactly what qualifies on this thread
smily_headphones1.gif
Here's the latest iteration of my man-cave system and I think I'm keeping this one for a while. My whole headphone system is out of this picture...I should put that up as an edit to this post.

Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 on custom, 4-pillar SoundAnchor stands. Naim Nait XS integrated with a Cambridge 840C cd-player (with Wadia iTransport connected) on a Quadraspire Evo stand. I definitely have some work to do on the room but the speakers are firing down the 29' long-side of the "L" that is my basement.

I like the nearfield listening experience! Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Johnsbasement015.jpg

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #881 of 3,551
I like!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by indydieselnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
Here's the latest iteration of my man-cave system and I think I'm keeping this one for a while. My whole headphone system is out of this picture...I should put that up as an edit to this post.

Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 on custom, 4-pillar SoundAnchor stands. Naim Nait XS integrated with a Cambridge 840C cd-player (with Wadia iTransport connected) on a Quadraspire Evo stand. I definitely have some work to do on the room but the speakers are firing down the 29' long-side of the "L" that is my basement.

I like the nearfield listening experience! Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Johnsbasement015.jpg

Feb 15, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #884 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quinto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool stuff! You sure it's not super HL5?
biggrin.gif

Thanks! I debated LONG and HARD about the HL5 and ended up feeling the Compact 7 was better for my space. I was worried about the HL5 loading it up with a little too much bass. Once the kids grow up and I can claim an upstairs bedroom, I know I'll be moving up to an HL5 or 40.1. By then, who knows what we'll be listening to!

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #885 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowedtoothdoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's my attempt at combining an Home Theater and Two Channel...

Now THAT is home theatre. Well done sir.

Quote:

Originally Posted by indydieselnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
Here's the latest iteration of my man-cave system and I think I'm keeping this one for a while...

Thats a great cave. I'd love to listen to some albums in there.
duggehsmile.png

I've just dumped my bed. It got in the way. And brought the speakers forward further. 5 feet from the back wall, 10 feet from the listening wall. About 8.5 feet apart. Really made the bass gain some push giving them that extra breathing space behind.

E1.jpg

The reel to reel sadly needs some work before its back in action. The brakes have gone on the right side.

E2.jpg

Some software.

E3.jpg

My concessions to bed and wardrobe.

E4.jpg

I need to get a wall shelf for my turntable. At the minute it's just a little on the wrong side of the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back