Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Jul 17, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #616 of 3,551
Wow those Tannoys look sweet! And nice analog rig
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #621 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by jigster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woah Tangerine, that looks sweet... like a dream
How does the Silvercore sound like? If it sounds the way they look, I'm getting them! What's the price like though?

Thanks!

You see it here Willkommen auf der Startseite von SILVERCORE.de. Yes it sounds like a dream especially with the Sennheiser HD-800 ,you can order it with specification to run the HD-800 .
I use at the moment RCA 5U4G Kuehl tube on powersupply and Chinee 812A tube on the amp and Siltech cables.

Jul 22, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #622 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by tangerinedream /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You see it here Willkommen auf der Startseite von SILVERCORE.de. Yes it sounds like a dream especially with the Sennheiser HD-800 ,you can order it with specification to run the HD-800 .
I use at the moment RCA 5U4G Kuehl tube on powersupply and Chinee 812A tube on the amp and Siltech cables.

Where are you located? That looks somewhat like Japan to me.
normal_smile .gif

Jul 22, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #623 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by tangerinedream /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow! Tangerine gets Banned and then magically Tangerinedream shows up owning the same equipment. Nice way to turn a temp ban into a PermaBanned.

Jul 22, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #624 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! Tangerine gets Banned and then magically Tangerinedream shows up owning the same equipment. Nice way to turn a temp ban into a PermaBanned.

Dur...I didn't know
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 22, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #625 of 3,551
1188948867233.jpg

24.gif

looool, sry for laughing out of it, it's just that it's just crazy! No, it's not mine, my laddie would hardly accept something so huge on her leaving room
tongue.gif
Not to mention that this guy must have a electrical power facility on his basement! N'empêche, this thing might sound just beautifully!

lao

Jul 22, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #626 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by laobrasuca /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1188948867233.jpg

24.gif

looool, sry for laughing out of it, it's just that is just crazy! No, it's not mine, my laddie would hardly accept something so huge on her leaving room
tongue.gif
Not to mention that this guy must have a electrical power facility on his basement!

lao

I doubt it's a guy's house, more likely a store, with the product info on stands a the fluorescent lighting.

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #628 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by laobrasuca /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to mention that this guy must have a electrical power facility on his basement!

You could actually drive that entire system easily with 10 watts. Those are hyper efficient avantgarde horns, and the coveted basshorn.

Big, beautiful, crazy expensive and easy to amplify. Some of the beefier headphone amps would do it.

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #629 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could actually drive that entire system easily with 10 watts. Those are hyper efficient avantgarde horns, and the coveted basshorn.

Big, beautiful, crazy expensive and easy to amplify. Some of the beefier headphone amps would do it.

Those Esoteric monoblocks certainly aren't flea-size units...I'm kind of surprised that's what they'd use to amp those Avantgarde horns. Sherwood's right...I wonder what my WA6SE would sound like through those!

Man, I'd love to hear what the basshorn sounds like!

Jul 22, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #630 of 3,551
That was at a Trade Show, notice the white Duo's in the corner.

WA6SE - No, but a WA5 would certainly do the trick

Nothing sounds better playing a Big Band recording, but give it a small work, solo vocal, or string quartet and that system sounds nothing like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back