Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Nov 22, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #376 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed the lifters after I posted
regular_smile .gif
. He drives a Ferrari, uses premium gas, even has the super cool aluminum gear shift knob, but he chooses to run retread bias ply tires.

I'm a major tweak, and I don't use Cable lifters. Now... Where's my Tice Clock.

OMG....LOL. That thing brings back memories. I was literally in tears from laughing when I heard about the "science" behind that thing. I remember the tyrade Tice wrote in response to the Stereophile review on that thing. It was very entertaining.

Nov 23, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #380 of 3,551
what speakers are those? really nice set up.
wink.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #381 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice system! A Herman Miller Eames chair? I don't know why I'm so interested in furniture
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the compliment. They are actually reproductions of the real thing but at a fraction of the cost
biggrin.gif
But I must say that the level of comfort is no where near the real thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by starcat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't see a source, or are you using your compuer to feed the dac?

Using the Orpheus Zero CDP (though mine's the earlier version)
Orpheus Laboratories - High End HiFi

OrpheusZero.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbusuego /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what speakers are those? really nice set up.
wink.gif

Thanks. They are Aspara Acoustics HL1s from UK. They are also the reason why I'm on a major "diet" right now
tongue.gif

Aspara Accoustics

AsparaHL1.jpg

Nov 23, 2008 at 9:35 AM Post #382 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by jigster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are Aspara Acoustics HL1s from UK. They are also the reason why I'm on a major "diet" right now
tongue.gif

Aspara Accoustics

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../AsparaHL1.jpg

Oh my! I really like those...
biggrin.gif

With a sensitivity above 100db 1w @ 1m. Bet its a great match for the Air Tight ATM-300B.

Nov 23, 2008 at 2:08 PM Post #384 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerrycan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love the Eames Chair, but after what I've spend on headfi, I can't afford one
triportsad.gif

Also really like your setup.

Its a reproduction item; available for about US$800-US$1000 here but I think it can be obtained for less in the region (Asia Pacific) or in China.

Nov 26, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #386 of 3,551
Jigmeister,
Are the horns just for the upper registers, or do they cover some of the upper mids also?

Nov 26, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #387 of 3,551
Those look to be 10-12" woofers, so I'd be surprised if the horns didn't cover some mid as well. Of course, then you'd have a crossover in the midband, which is tricksy.

I guess what I'm saying is, "Are the horns just for the upper registers, or do they cover some of the upper mids also?"
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #388 of 3,551
On the website it says the horn covers mid/highs and the speaker uses a first order crossover.

Nov 26, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #389 of 3,551
I can't find where they're crossed over, though, and the gradual slope of a first order implies to me that there is a sizable frequency range they both cover. I know so little it's embarrassing, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back