Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Nov 19, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #364 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJOli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a picture of my dad's setup [not a good picture,i'm sorry for that]

http://i38.tinypic.com/4g3dsn.jpg

might take another picture sometime soon....but uh...for the "audiophiles" out there....the amplifier is JVC JA-X9 (yes,no information available on google)

Nice vintage setup your dad got there. /me like.

..and welcome to Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #366 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJOli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what the hell? scotch eggs?
for your information... my dad is 57...he's had this amp for about 32 to 33 years...

How long has it been since his last scotch egg?

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #367 of 3,551
Nov 20, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #368 of 3,551
well um....thanks for the somewhat warm welcomes but.....what the hell are "Scotch eggs"....i seriously don't get it....maybe it's got something to do with my lack of english words in my vocabulary...or not....

Nov 20, 2008 at 9:09 AM Post #371 of 3,551
Quote:

Originally Posted by iaTa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL. They kinda look like a big bollock. But you eat em
smily_headphones1.gif

If your bollocks look like scotch eggs I'd go - nay run - to the nearest medical professional and have them seen to!
atsmile.gif
popcorn.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #373 of 3,551
I like Martin Logan's, I've owned CLS-IIz's, so I am compelled to speak up. Logan's are Dipoles and absolutely need room to breath to sound anywhere near as good as they can sound. This system is not showing them setup properly. I'd bet that they are only performing at about 50% of their potential. I've only ever seen one Logan system that was set up worse, it had a set of SL3's at either end of a big Closet (7-8' with folding doors that closed in front of the system) with the rear wave driving into the closet and a big RPTV between the speakers.

This system looks cool, but IMHO it shows How Not To Do It!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iaTa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure if this has been posted before, and it isn't my setup unfortunately - it belongs to ohyeah32 over at AVS:

MartinLoganTheaternewshots1.jpg

Martin Logan Theater

Absolutely stunning.

Nov 20, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #375 of 3,551
I noticed the lifters after I posted
regular_smile .gif
. He drives a Ferrari, uses premium gas, even has the super cool aluminum gear shift knob, but he chooses to run retread bias ply tires.

I'm a major tweak, and I don't use Cable lifters. Now... Where's my Tice Clock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back