Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply)
Jun 2, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #901 of 1,052
Crossover is set at 170Hz. 1000w per side to the panels and another 1000w per side to the subs. Yep...power hungry and with the impedance dropping to 0.5Ohms, not very friendly with a lot of amps. I had two Carver TFM-35's running them prior to the Magtech. They sounded very good with the Carvers but a different level with the Magtech. Using Perfect8 monoblocks for the lows. I can't recommend the Magtech and the company as a whole for ESL panels.

Sanders crossover.jpg

Jun 3, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #902 of 1,052
Crossover is set at 170Hz. 1000w per side to the panels and another 1000w per side to the subs. Yep...power hungry and with the impedance dropping to 0.5Ohms, not very friendly with a lot of amps. I had two Carver TFM-35's running them prior to the Magtech. They sounded very good with the Carvers but a different level with the Magtech. Using Perfect8 monoblocks for the lows. I can't recommend the Magtech and the company as a whole for ESL panels.

Thanks again ,
170hz,that is a quite a bit lower than on my old ML Sequel IIs which crossover at around 250hz,not ideal with some vocals.
Having checked the specs of your Sanders it seems that the overall frequency range +- 2-3 dB is similar from top to bottom on both our speakers?
Mine go from around 23 hz up to 22khz in theory, but I check out already at 14 khz .
I am not in my 20s any longer, far from.
When you write "to the subs" do you mean the ones in the speakers or the big "sub" I see in your photo?
And also, is there like with all more recent models of ML speakers, a digital amp in the cabinet to drive the bass or not?
I read something about DSP options with the Sanders too?
My oldies have passive bass drivers and I run them both,e-panels and bass, from one amp. No bi-amping.
And the only fiddling with bass balance one can apply apart from placement ,is via a switch at the back .

I use the Buddha´s neutral "middle way". Neither too lean, nor too fat. Works best in my room.

It seems we have one more component in common apart from our e panel speakers. I also use the MF V3 amp combo with its external PSU with both my HD 800 and HEKV2 headphones as one option, amp combo in my headphones based system.
The other one being the headphone amp section of my Benchmark DAC2 HGC which has also been my travel amp until Covid hit.
For digital playback I mainly use a Chord Qutest dac with an Mscaler. The Mscaler,imo and essential addition to all Chord dacs, unless one plays around with HQP or PGGB 32/768khz upsampling methods which may lead to similar results?
But Mscaler is easy " Plug and Play" and has brought digital playback to quite an enjoyable level for me.
Actually to such a high level that I rarely bother to play my LPs since gettting the Mscaler.
Cds via optical to Mscaler and hi res files via usb are my on my main menue.
CDs without mscaling sound too "digital" to me.
PS .Got to hear those Sanders one day. Unlike in the Quantum World where every option seems possible,I wonder who is most correct? ML with curved e-panels or Sanders with flat ones?
Cheers CC

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #903 of 1,052
Thanks again ,
170hz,that is a quite a bit lower than on my old ML Sequel IIs which crossover at around 250hz,not ideal with some vocals.
Having checked the specs of your Sanders it seems that the overall frequency range +- 2-3 dB is similar from top to bottom on both our speakers?
Mine go from around 23 hz up to 22khz in theory, but I check out already at 14 khz .
I am not in my 20s any longer, far from.
When you write "to the subs" do you mean the ones in the speakers or the big "sub" I see in your photo?
And also, is there like with all more recent models of ML speakers, a digital amp in the cabinet to drive the bass or not?
I read something about DSP options with the Sanders too?
My oldies have passive bass drivers and I run them both,e-panels and bass, from one amp. No bi-amping.
And the only fiddling with bass balance one can apply apart from placement ,is via a switch at the back .

I use the Buddha´s neutral "middle way". Neither too lean, nor too fat. Works best in my room.

It seems we have one more component in common apart from our e panel speakers. I also use the MF V3 amp combo with its external PSU with both my HD 800 and HEKV2 headphones as one option, amp combo in my headphones based system.
The other one being the headphone amp section of my Benchmark DAC2 HGC which has also been my travel amp until Covid hit.
For digital playback I mainly use a Chord Qutest dac with an Mscaler. The Mscaler,imo and essential addition to all Chord dacs, unless one plays around with HQP or PGGB 32/768khz upsampling methods which may lead to similar results?
But Mscaler is easy " Plug and Play" and has brought digital playback to quite an enjoyable level for me.
Actually to such a high level that I rarely bother to play my LPs since gettting the Mscaler.
Cds via optical to Mscaler and hi res files via usb are my on my main menue.
CDs without mscaling sound too "digital" to me.
PS .Got to hear those Sanders one day. Unlike in the Quantum World where every option seems possible,I wonder who is most correct? ML with curved e-panels or Sanders with flat ones?
Cheers CC
I only run the subs in the speakers. The external is only for the theater setup (Along with 2 more 15" subs lol.) Roger uses the lower cross over and his subs are just that...subs. Truely for the lower frequencies though of course some higher frequencies are coming through with roll-off.

The 10e's come use a dbx DriveRack VENU360 and it is included in the price and pre-programmed by Sanders.
1654271157953.png

It has an especially helpful room correction eq. There is nothing inside the speakers other than the panel themselves and the unpowered subs. No crossovers, amps, etc. but the dbx allows for adjustment of just about every sonic quality. However, I ended up not adjusting the bass levels as the 1000wpc for the highs seemed to be a good match for the completely different 1000wpc amp powering the subs.

The difference in opinion on the curved vs flat seems pretty simple after talking to Roger at length. If you want multiple people in a room (say a party setting) to enjoy great sound, curved will outperform his every time. If you want the best sound quality for your ears, he may just have perfected it. That is the downside of the Sanders...you must be in the sweet spot. When set up correctly and in the sweet spot, they seem impossible to beat.

Glad to hear you have and use the MF X-Can v3 too. I also have the X-PSU along with the matching X-DAC and X-10. I like the setup more than much newer equipment costing much more. As for Chord, I really like their products but have a Mojo, Hugo 1 and Hugo 2 I just don't use very often. I acutally use the Hugo 1 the most when I am trying to A/B headphones in real time with the dual outputs. My reference headphone go to is a modded WM1Z + Cayin C9. I don't plan to move on for that. As you said, my ears aren't 20 any longer!

If you ever hear the Sanders, just make sure they are powered correctly. Placement should be a given but I thought I was powering them ok until I finally got the Sanders amp.

Jun 5, 2022 at 8:01 AM Post #904 of 1,052
Current main 2 channel set up w/ converter box available for HE6se use once in a while.
Innuos Zenith Mk3 Streamer > Matrix X-SPIDIF2 > LampizatOr Baltic 3 > Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE (Sometimes used as a pre-amp) > Decware ZEN 25th Anniversary SE84UFU25
Speakers vary on power requirement & mood.
IMG_1346.jpeg

Sep 3, 2022 at 12:20 AM Post #908 of 1,052
FB_IMG_1662178716234.jpg

Sep 3, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #910 of 1,052
Current main 2 channel set up w/ converter box available for HE6se use once in a while.
Innuos Zenith Mk3 Streamer > Matrix X-SPIDIF2 > LampizatOr Baltic 3 > Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE (Sometimes used as a pre-amp) > Decware ZEN 25th Anniversary SE84UFU25
Speakers vary on power requirement & mood.

Nice amp. I looked at the Vinnie Rossi when it first came out. Hope you are enjoying it.

I enjoy seeing the photo’s of the different systems that people put together. It reflects the variance in taste and the different journeys we’ve all been on. After many years of trying to put together a digital system that I was happy with, my system moved into its fourth (and final) iteration this year.

58F6EDF7-BFC8-4163-BB1E-27C2C67C4A38.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #912 of 1,052
With a view like this I’d stay up half the night listening
I also get amazing sunrises and sunsets. Throwing up one more pic I took yesterday morning.
8C368510-DB98-4860-AD09-1E549E5955A1.jpeg

67A95362-D8BF-4564-B97F-FDEB80F93983.jpeg
9A3DB41C-FD86-4619-99E2-4BC348B58401.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #913 of 1,052
Nice amp. I looked at the Vinnie Rossi when it first came out. Hope you are enjoying it.

I enjoy seeing the photo’s of the different systems that people put together. It reflects the variance in taste and the different journeys we’ve all been on. After many years of trying to put together a digital system that I was happy with, my system moved into its fourth (and final) iteration this year.

58F6EDF7-BFC8-4163-BB1E-27C2C67C4A38.jpeg
Love to see headphone setups with the Taiko Extreme, a true end game source and one of the biggest improvements in my setup that I have ever heard, especially with Taiko’s proprietary software, XDMS!

Here’s mine..

031716B4-EDA3-4656-968F-F39176C8EB9E.jpeg

Oct 15, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #914 of 1,052
Love to see headphone setups with the Taiko Extreme, a true end game source and one of the biggest improvements in my setup that I have ever heard, especially with Taiko’s proprietary software, XDMS!

Here’s mine..

031716B4-EDA3-4656-968F-F39176C8EB9E.jpeg
All this for a pair of headphones? Impressive.
Do you have a speakers system as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back