Pictures of your headphones and source
Oct 1, 2003 at 10:48 PM Post #242 of 257
PSA regarding hosting: Send me whatever pics you want hosted. I have about 20MB of unlimited bandwidth space I can spare for the time being which ought to be more than enough.

Email me the pictures, ideally named something useful...like "home system" or "portable" or whatever. Include your head-fi user name in the email.

I'll be putting them all in folders by user name here:
http://www.datacomm.ch/hardyearbook/...i/Gear%20Pics/

Lextek is the only one who emailed me so far.

Cheers!

Oct 2, 2003 at 3:33 AM Post #243 of 257
Teac VRDS20 CD player and Koss ESP/950 phones with E/90 amp.
I also have some other stuff but one of my Quad ESL 63s was damaged during a move and is currently awaiting repair/rebuild.

my stuff

I also have a Sharp DR-7 MD recorder that I use to record ambient stuff- bugs, frogs, birds, weather, etc., using a home made binaural mic.

MR

Oct 2, 2003 at 4:08 AM Post #244 of 257
cdx2_5.jpg

cdx2_2.jpg

Oct 2, 2003 at 4:16 AM Post #246 of 257
Sweet setup kuma, I love the simple elegance of the naim gear. What's that pyramidal speaker I see in the background?

-dd3mon

Oct 2, 2003 at 5:07 AM Post #247 of 257
Quote:

Originally posted by dd3mon
Sweet setup kuma, I love the simple elegance of the naim gear. What's that pyramidal speaker I see in the background?

Thanks dd3mon!

I just got this player for a spin. Would be an interesting contrast to my krell player esp. with Headline.
biggrin.gif

Speaker I use in this room is Wilson Audio WATT 6 ( no puppies ) work well in a small room nearfield set up.

Oct 2, 2003 at 6:18 AM Post #248 of 257
Gotta put in my two cents, too, right?

http://byrneweb.com/sunburn/audio/sunbyrne_rig.jpg

Various headphones hanging (HD280, SR60, HD497, V6s behind 497s). Top to bottom in the cabinet is NAD C740 receiver, Sony CDP601ES CD changer(old, when "ES" still meant something), Onkyo cheap tape deck, Sony MXD-D5C CD/MD deck, old JVC turntable on the bottom. The computer is a Quicksilver G4 Mac, only one of two LCD monitors visible (other is 22" Cinema display). Oh, forgot to have the iPod and the PXC250s out.

Not much, but growing. Next is probably a META42 (Headsave Ultra?) and HD580s...

Oct 2, 2003 at 11:17 AM Post #249 of 257
Hi Kuma

That Naim looks so sweet. I love simple elegance of it. Could you send me the first pic in high res and could I use it in one of my web projects? darius at cybermash dot com

Thanks!

Oct 2, 2003 at 12:41 PM Post #250 of 257
Hey Kuma, I had a feeling you would like the Naim stuff, given your liking of highly rythmic sounds
smily_headphones1.gif
Looks very good BTW, if only I had the money to afford that kind of setup!

Oct 2, 2003 at 5:54 PM Post #251 of 257
Quote:

Originally posted by pbirkett
Hey Kuma, I had a feeling you would like the Naim stuff, given your liking of highly rythmic sounds
smily_headphones1.gif
Looks very good BTW, if only I had the money to afford that kind of setup!

Hi Paul.
Yeah... for years I have admired what they are trying to do but never be able to bring myself actually living with it.

The newer Naim seems to evolve from this ( or degenrate
wink.gif
depending on who you are talking to ) and sounds less insistant and whole lot more natural. Inclusion of traditional RCA outputs helps, too.

Oct 3, 2003 at 2:48 AM Post #253 of 257
Wijgalt's gear posted at the above link. Feel free to link em up whenever.

Oct 3, 2003 at 8:19 PM Post #255 of 257
My setup....My HD280s are in the mail as we speak and I'm planning to get a Headphone amp and a new source as soon as the funds come in. My current setup is made up of a "hand me down" Kenwood receiver that is way to dark for my liking and a kenwood cd player I got 9 years ago. The system works and sounds decent through my Sony V6's. Its all I can afford since Im a ramen only college student.

Matt

full_152_p12721.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back