Originally posted by stark16
My modest rig.

101_0145.JPG

eek.gif

That looks like my rig!!! Guess I dont have to post no more
confused.gif

me = HD-580 + MG Head OTL + NAD C541i

Aug 11, 2003 at 8:13 AM Post #227 of 257
stark, that is more than a modest rig, it is a rather high end rig...of course not compared to nik's R10 and 20k$ angstrom, but who compares our rigs to rigs like that. it is simply a beautiful work of art. the word modest does NOT at all come to mind when looking at your nice headphone setup...especially that amp you have!

not to stray off topic too much, but i have an important question for all who have posted pics here. are taking detailed pics of your rig (all headphones, sources, amps, power supplies, cd's, etc.) a good idea for insurance purposes? it has, since i was recently gone for a week, occurred to me not only just how much money i have put into this hobby, but i how much i also treasure my equipment and how horrible it would be if it was all stolen!
frown.gif
all my receipts are somewhere around the house, but i would think plenty of very detailed pics would be better?? any thoughts and comments and or recommendations??? thank you all
600smile.gif

i will definitely be posting my pics soon!

Aug 11, 2003 at 8:24 AM Post #228 of 257
Quote:

Originally posted by zeplin
stark, that is more than a modest rig, it is a rather high end rig...of course not compared to nik's R10 and 20k$ angstrom, but who compares our rigs to rigs like that. it is simply a beautiful work of art. the word modest does NOT at all come to mind when looking at your nice headphone setup...especially that amp you have!

Seriously. It kicks the crap out of mine. Well...except for the headphones
wink.gif
Looks nice though. I hope to get a Nad in the future for my source, or maybe a Rega Planet.

Aug 11, 2003 at 8:53 AM Post #229 of 257
As the signature reads: D-5 / JMT META42 / ER-4S edit: added JMT CHA-47, ER-6, iPod

rig.jpg

[size=xx-small]"Joe Egan and Gerry Rafferty with a dual known as Stealers Wheel when they recorded the Dylan-esque pop bubble gum favortie from April of 1974 that reached up to #5 as K Billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies continues..."

Rig: D-5 / JMT META42 / ER-4S
Team Cyclist | Team Calvin & Hobbes | Head-Fi Search[/size]

Aug 11, 2003 at 3:30 PM Post #231 of 257
mytoys.jpg

My "main" gear and "portable" gear.

Aug 11, 2003 at 6:07 PM Post #232 of 257
Quote:

Originally posted by zeplin

Okay, perhaps I understated it a bit. I think I've been looking at too many high end audio catalogs lately
rolleyes.gif
I do love my tube amp (though I had to return two defective units before I finally got a working one).

Aug 11, 2003 at 7:48 PM Post #233 of 257
Oldandslow, is that an RS-1 or an RS-2? Nice rig, I love the classic vacuum tube look.

room left:
DSCF4005.txt

desk (KSC-50's and MZ-S1 pictured as well as my Cyborg 3D Rumble stick):
DSCF4006.txt

Klipsch goodness (when I had the control pod on the right):
Dscf4003.txt

My Promedia 4.1 sub (sorry, a bit dusty in my room that day):
DSCF4170.txt

Well, my speakers are great, but my KSC-50's are ready to be sent back because they've got some problems and are really beat up. I'm going to get some KSC-35's for now and further on up the road I'm going to get some good cans.

attached (because I had to attach something) is one of the many pictures of my ripping apart my KSC-50's. I found out that the spring mechanism in my left earphone is shot and was probably aquired when dent #4 was.

edit: crap, didn't attach. Want me to upload them to yahoo so you guys can see them?

edit2: pictures are not working. Give me a minute to upload txt versions and link them here directly....done. Sorry they're big and fuzzy, my dad's digital camera stinks.

Aug 11, 2003 at 9:18 PM Post #235 of 257
HA! Guessed correctly! Nice. BTW, sorry about the pics. I hate yahoo's hosting.

Aug 11, 2003 at 9:38 PM Post #236 of 257
My current interim rig:

Pioneer DV-563A DVD/DVD-A/CD/SACD Player
Denon AVR2000 Receiver
Senn 540 Reference Headphones

and it sounds great! (for now
smily_headphones1.gif

bud1.jpg

Sep 11, 2003 at 4:24 AM Post #238 of 257
My office system:
Cannery Row minus the SR-200s on my head:
attachment.php

Amps:
attachment.php

Sep 27, 2003 at 5:20 PM Post #239 of 257
Mastergill, you have to upload the image to a web server (which allows external linking). Then use that URL when clicking the IMG button.

Sep 27, 2003 at 6:10 PM Post #240 of 257
With all the broken links in this thread, it would be perfect for some server to host all members pics making a sort of library of head-fi members system pictures.

Cause these pics are relly nice to look at
cool.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back