Pictures of rare headphones
Oct 23, 2004 at 2:51 AM Post #16 of 90
Sorry to be so OT, but where is the best place to get some D66's? I've been wanting to try these cans so bad, and it seems like Eggo's have a really nice following of dedicated fans. Looks like these SR-60's are going up for sale soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyways, I'm sure you guys have never seen these before!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...3/DSC01815.jpg

Oct 23, 2004 at 3:58 AM Post #18 of 90
Oct 23, 2004 at 4:19 AM Post #19 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProFingerSk8er
of course I have, MDR-J10.. they'er everywhere in highschool
tongue.gif

dont laff thats the FIRST cans i bought before i joined head-fi. first can upgrade i ever bought lol. i just knew i had to get better than ipod buds, i just didnt know how...

Oct 23, 2004 at 4:23 AM Post #20 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProFingerSk8er
of course I have, MDR-J10.. they'er everywhere in highschool
tongue.gif

Yep...

They're like 10 dollars here, but at Audiocubes, they're 30 dollars (USD).

Feb 18, 2005 at 7:34 PM Post #23 of 90
I have Rotel RH-930 headphones that I got from ebay. They're electrostatic or isodynamic I think, and are over 25 years old accoridng to rotel. Well they sound good considering they're that old, but have little bass and get beaten by modern cans.

Feb 18, 2005 at 7:41 PM Post #24 of 90
I wish I had pics of my "Realistic (Radio shack) HP-100 Electrostatic Headphone System" to share.Made some time in the '70s and reportedly a SR-3 Mkll they look nothing like any Stax product but they DO have the Stax sound (the important thing).I don't use the interface box except in the bedoom system but along with having the original box it completes the systm as a nice (to me at least) collectable and at the same time hooked up to my version of the Gilmore All Triode Amp (AC coupled Kevein
tongue.gif
) kicks some actual butt !

I think older headphones are just too damn cool and have considered many times snapping up cans i once had but no longer do as they come up for sale but the wifey is not having it !
cool.gif

Feb 18, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #25 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork
HD1000 on the left.
biggrin.gif

What does the toggle do on what look like Grado 325s?

Feb 18, 2005 at 8:14 PM Post #26 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by romesaz
"stereo"
"TDS - 3"
and thats the right cup
plainface.gif

what...ARE those? well, besides being russian

Heh, beats me. My father brought them from Russia couple of years ago.

Feb 18, 2005 at 11:55 PM Post #28 of 90
Behold some damn hard to find stuff fresh from the 70's.... I seem to have a thing for vintage audio, these headphones (bar the floats) sound OK but not great, those pioneers (700's on left 300's on right) require alot of juice to power em and the sharps have ALOT of bass to play with (seperate woofer and tweeter in each cup), sound good with EQing.. the floats on the other hand sound forward like my grados and slightly more detailed... I like em, pity theyre kinda uncomfortable

Feb 19, 2005 at 1:31 AM Post #30 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nights_85
Behold some damn hard to find stuff fresh from the 70's.... I seem to have a thing for vintage audio, these headphones (bar the floats) sound OK but not great, those pioneers (700's on left 300's on right) require alot of juice to power em and the sharps have ALOT of bass to play with (seperate woofer and tweeter in each cup), sound good with EQing.. the floats on the other hand sound forward like my grados and slightly more detailed... I like em, pity theyre kinda uncomfortable

Shame you live in Sydney. I'd love to hear some of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back