Pictures and more reviews of the Earpeace Livewires?
May 2, 2007 at 3:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 92

vii_haven

100+ Head-Fier
I've been reading (the very few) reviews about these new custom IEMs on the market. Does anyone else actually own these things besides the few reviewers?

Could you post pictures of your Livewires and closeups of the cables and the connectors? Also, pictures of the accessory package and the case?

How's the sound quality from these Livewires? I read they're extremely similar to the Sensaphonics 2XS. How do they compare against the UM2 and E4?

Who are these people from Earpeace anyway? They seem to have came out of nowhere offering these IEMs. Do any artistes actually use them? Or anyone knows who designed them? Or just some background about the company?

Sorry for the many questions. I'm just curious to know if these custom IEMs at such an affordable price are worth the money and some background about them.

May 3, 2007 at 1:37 PM Post #3 of 92
I posted yesterday about the same thing. Haven't heard anything new yet either.

May 4, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #4 of 92
If you search for "livewires" you'll find a few reviews and a couple links to external reviews. They are still pretty new so I wouldn't expect a lot at this point. I'm getting my impressions taken next Friday for a pair. Will post my impressions when I get them, I own the UM2 and have heard a lot of IEM's. I talked to one of the owners today, he said they are getting a lot of interest from professional musicians.

May 4, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #6 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tried calling them, as well as Todd, but no answer yet..

found about 2 reviews on this pair but well, it isnt enough.. for me.. to pull a trigger yet..

yea same here

the thing im scared about is the high sensitivity, i can already imagine the huge amounts of hiss with most portable players

May 4, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #7 of 92
Quote:

Does anyone else actually own these things besides the few reviewers?

Hey guys, I've got a pair of Livewires, as does BlessingX.

Quote:

Could you post pictures of your Livewires and closeups of the cables and the connectors? Also, pictures of the accessory package and the case?

Sure thing, just gotta find and charge up my camera battery. As for accessories the only thing it comes with is the IEM's and the cable. The only problem I've found with this is that the IEM's aren't connected to the cable and there's no R/L markings on the cable, so you just have to plug them in and then figure out if you've got it right or not.

Quote:

How's the sound quality from these Livewires? I read they're extremely similar to the Sensaphonics 2XS. How do they compare against the UM2 and E4?

Sound quality is very good for the money. I get the impression they sound like my Grado with fast paced music, yet sound great with other types of music. With rock it did feel slightly veiled. One thing I love about these is how articulate they are. They're definately more articulate than the Shure e4. The UM2 has a warmer sound than these to me. Overall I think they have a very good balance.

I think these do very well representing low brass such as french horns. They also seem to do a bit better with female voices as opposed to male ones. The one weakness I felt they had was that slight veil, as well as some of the clarity of the cymbals in the high end. Other than that I really enjoy my pair.

Quote:

Who are these people from Earpeace anyway? They seem to have came out of nowhere offering these IEMs. Do any artistes actually use them? Or anyone knows who designed them? Or just some background about the company?

John's a great guy. Unfortunately he's very busy with his primary job. These were created by audio technicians who do events all over the US and for artists such as Toby Keith, Christina Aguilera, ect. Right now it's an out of home operation, but they're picking up pretty quickly. As for artists using them, I know a decent amount of smaller name artists have been fitted with these as well as a couple radio stations.

Quote:

Sorry for the many questions. I'm just curious to know if these custom IEMs at such an affordable price are worth the money and some background about them.

Better to ask questions than be sorry later. I'd have to say I think they're a great deal for the money. The cable is detachable and the connector they use is very robust so if your cable (looks to be the same as used by Westone, just different connector) happens to break you can replace it.

Almost forgot: These sound AMAZING hooked up to a RSA Hornet M. I tried these with one at HF2007 and was awed. Any complaints I had about these completely went away. No more veil, the highs were better, and it was warmer sounding.

May 4, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #8 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea same here

the thing im scared about is the high sensitivity, i can already imagine the huge amounts of hiss with most portable players

i can almost hear the hiss already :p

they all say it is good for the money. i want something that is just good, not good for the money.. so is it?
redface.gif

May 4, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #10 of 92
Pix:
IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

Quote:

i can almost hear the hiss already :p

they all say it is good for the money. i want something that is just good, not good for the money.. so is it?

The hiss is definately prevalent when you power up the unit, but during music listening I couldn't hear it.

Yes it's definately good. Although not as good as the ER4S and the upcoming Westone UM3.

May 6, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #12 of 92
I just took impressions for the Livewires yesterday afternoon. HEard it sounds like the sensaphonics 2xs.

Farkle,
would you say it has more details than the um2 (eg, like the E4) but with similarly impactful and smooth, lush bass?

May 8, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #14 of 92
Quote:

Farkle,
would you say it has more details than the um2 (eg, like the E4) but with similarly impactful and smooth, lush bass?

It is more articulate than the UM2's, as for the detailing, the UM2 has a warmer sound, while the Livewires are a bit more analytical. They do have more of a soundstage than the UM2's. The bass is there, but not as lush and emphasized (then again I'm really used to the HD580's low end).

May 8, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #15 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by FaRKle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is more articulate than the UM2's, as for the detailing, the UM2 has a warmer sound, while the Livewires are a bit more analytical. They do have more of a soundstage than the UM2's. The bass is there, but not as lush and emphasized (then again I'm really used to the HD580's low end).

wow. then it does sound like something i'd like a fair bit! i've been enjoying the lush um2 sound but have been looking out for something with more sparkle and less colored (even though the um2 were colored in a nice way).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back