[Pictorial Review] FiiO E1
Nov 15, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #31 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, getting ready to poison your iPod owning friends with amp for X'mas? Next thing you know, they will be here sorry about their wallets
biggrin.gif

I hear you. They all want better headphones next... from there it's a slippery slope.

The great thing now is there are a lot of cheaper options that sound pretty good vs a couple of years ago.

Nov 15, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #33 of 69
I have the RE0 and E1. Sounds really good. You have to be patient with the RE0. RE0 is very neutral but the soundstage is pretty wide for an IEM. Bass is there, it just doesn't pronounce itself too long and have the "in your face" impact as other bass head IEMs. RE0 is pretty balanced across its presentation. With the E1 you will really notice the clarity in the mids and highs.

The only thing that can be a little annoying about the E1 is the cable length together with the headphone cable length.

Nov 16, 2009 at 12:06 PM Post #35 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
B/w E1, E3 and E5, I certainly find E1 to be the best sounding and more of an all arounder (for iPod only, nonetheless). E1 cleaner and more transparent sound might not totally match your taste, but you can still use the EQ.

If you don't mind carrying a larger amp, an iBasso T4 (around $110) or the new T3 might fits your need as well.

Will check those two out. A bit of an off-topic here: got access to a pair of Grado's GR8 IEM's at €89 (recommended retail price is about €200). No reviews around worth mentioning. Any opnion? I feel it is a bargain, but... And on top of that: 118db/1mw of sensitivity, 120 Ohms impedance (hence I suppose they will need an amp.)

Ty.

Nov 17, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #36 of 69
Nov 22, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #42 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by randomasdf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In your opinion, is it a worthwhile upgrade from the ipod line out with ety hf5s?

All I can say is, in between my Nano4 headphone-out and E1, I'll definitely go for E1 with any headphone I own.

Dec 7, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #44 of 69
@ClieOS, I see that you also own Yuin PK1's... I was wondering/hoping - does the E1 do a decent job at driving the PK1? I've heard such great reviews about the PK1 and would love to keep them but know that an amp is really required to get value out of them. I have PK1 and PK2 coming in..today actually and am hoping to keep the PK1 but I probably won't if the E1 can't drive them as I really don't want to have to carry around a portable amp anything more than the E1.

Dec 7, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #45 of 69
Actually, you will probably notice how well PK1 can be driven from an iPod unamped. You won't get that great of a bass impact or the best treble extension, but the performance will still beat most earbuds out there.

Obviously E1 will not give you the same performance as a full size portable amp, but IMO you are not missing out much. I compared my PK1 between 3MOVE and E1 and E1 actually holds up pretty well. Not quite as resolving nor have the full bass impact as 3MOVE, but E1 is still noticeably better than my Nano4 headphone-out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back