[Pictorial Review] FiiO E1
Oct 8, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #16 of 69
All pictures are hosted on photobucket.com. Be sure that your browser or ISP isn't blocking the site.

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #18 of 69
I haven't asked the price, but I'll do it next time. It won't be expensive for sure as these are targeted at the lower end consumer market.

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #19 of 69
ClieOS, Nice review and good pics, unfortunately I don’t own ipods, unless it’s the stock AAPL
tongue.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #21 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd kill for a review sample of one of these....

I still use my E5 with my D2.

You don't need to do that just shift to New Zealand. We have an engineering sample that is being evaluated in NZ at the moment.

Oct 15, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #22 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The black LOD looks pretty cool. Any hint on pricing?

Should sell for $8 to $10 US

Nov 6, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #24 of 69
i really hoped they will come out with a black version for the E1. Currently using shure 530 and it will look totally awkward with a white E1

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #27 of 69
Great posts all around the site ClieOS. You're THE ONE!
wink.gif

Question(s)

Owner of an Iphone 2G (conmute) + Ipod 5.5g (home, docked to Denon 2105 and waiting for the Alessandro's MS1's)
Currently using Klipsch X1, just moved from well-burnt and already "opened-up" JVC FX34's.

Listener of all types of music but Hip-Hop and Electronica.
Although I'm not a full fledged bass head, I'm more of that than 100% analytic.

I like a bit of colour in my music with clear highs and not-recessed vocals (I actually use the trebble booster in my Iphone/ipod and I usually place Bass at 6/10 and Trebble at 8/10 on my home rig.

¿Are Fiio amps for me? ¿Which one? If not, ¿which brand/model around/at/below 100€?

Ty very much.

P.S. Unbelievable price for the Fiio package!

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #28 of 69
B/w E1, E3 and E5, I certainly find E1 to be the best sounding and more of an all arounder (for iPod only, nonetheless). E1 cleaner and more transparent sound might not totally match your taste, but you can still use the EQ.

If you don't mind carrying a larger amp, an iBasso T4 (around $110) or the new T3 might fits your need as well.

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #29 of 69
I just received the E1 today. I bought a couple of them to give away to friends for Xmas. I have to agree with ClieOS, pretty darn clean and transparent. Bass could be better but I've been listening to my RSA Shadow so that's like Godzilla vs Hello Kitty.

You can not go wrong with the E1 for the iPod. $22, the LOD is built in and it sounds good!! If you're new to Head-Fi, get the E1 and be done with it before you become an addict and spend way too much money like me and my Head-Fi junky brothers.

Nov 15, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #30 of 69
So, getting ready to poison your iPod owning friends with amp for X'mas? Next thing you know, they will be here sorry about their wallets
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back