[Pictorial] Mook Headphone Festival @ Singapore
Aug 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #31 of 41
Haven't really spent enough time on it to form a definitive opinion yet. It is slightly hissy but won't be a problem unless you are on a hiss prone IEM (SE530 for an example). Otherwise it is quite good sounding. It is a hybrid amp so there is an opamp buffer stage and you can roll the stock MESUE8820 out (one OPA2604 is included). Overall my impression is quite positive.

I am torn between waiting for the DX50, buying the Sony PHA1 or even that Venturecraft Soundroid... aand for this one.

However, I am looking forward to your impressions in this forum. :)

Aug 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #32 of 41
Nice pics and report!

Anyone wondered what the Carry SEI was doing at the stax booth? Could it be driving the 009 through a wee?

Aug 10, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #35 of 41
Quote:
Stax won't be happy to hear about that. 

Do Stax have some kind of rule in place for dealers regarding demonstrating their products?

Aug 13, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #38 of 41
That makes sense.  Was wondering if it was a dealer or an official Stax company employee.  From the other Japanese trade event pics I've seen, Stax earspeakers seem to only be demoed with Stax amps.

Would have been interesting to hear the 009+WEE+Cary.  I'm surprised they just didn't use the 727II.

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #40 of 41
Quote:
That makes sense.  Was wondering if it was a dealer or an official Stax company employee.  From the other Japanese trade event pics I've seen, Stax earspeakers seem to only be demoed with Stax amps.

Would have been interesting to hear the 009+WEE+Cary.  I'm surprised they just didn't use the 727II.

They are from Music By Design, the Singapore authorized dealer for Stax (http://www.stax.co.jp/Export/Distributor-Singapore.html)

If I remember correctly, they paired the Stax Omega MK2 with 727II and I didn't quite like the sound though as it is sound warm and subdued, much prefer the Stax 507.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back