Pics of UE customs
Oct 26, 2006 at 8:58 AM Post #63 of 129
I was looking at those... now this thread is pushing me over the line.

anyone have the "two colors swirls" it will be nice to see how it will turn out.

I am still have some question, with those nice looking color, how any of you order that? I mean, the color most people have on their monitor are usually inaccurate, so for those who have nice color, do they come out the exact color that you wanted or a little off?

And one more thing, about the ear piece, is the whole piece a little soft or the soft part only apply to the tongue?

I am really looking forward to those once I have enough saving
etysmile.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 9:47 AM Post #64 of 129
Im so torn between the UE-5c and the UE-10pro, you see Im not really a detail freak and I want the most 'fun' sound from my IEM's. I had the UM2's and the subwoofer like bass was great if not a little uncontrolled and boomy and eventually I sold them for the E4's because the lack of clarity, treble, detail. Now Im starting to miss the bass because Im listening to more Electronic music, DnB, Hip Hop etc but my primary choice in music is Rock, Reggae, Jazz.
How much clarity and detail do the UE-5c's have? is it on the same level as the E4c? Is the bass deep and clean? or is it abit boomy, muddy, bloated like the UM2? I would go for the UE-10 but Im not really a fan of the revealing, highly detailed sound they seem to posses.

Please! Please! Please! help me!

Oct 26, 2006 at 9:55 AM Post #65 of 129
There was a picture of monkey's UE10 in his ears in the triple.fi winner announcement e-mail
... i'd put it up, but i don't want a random guy's picture in my photobucket
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2006 at 12:56 PM Post #66 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electric_Mofo
Im so torn between the UE-5c and the UE-10pro, you see Im not really a detail freak and I want the most 'fun' sound from my IEM's. I had the UM2's and the subwoofer like bass was great if not a little uncontrolled and boomy and eventually I sold them for the E4's because the lack of clarity, treble, detail. Now Im starting to miss the bass because Im listening to more Electronic music, DnB, Hip Hop etc but my primary choice in music is Rock, Reggae, Jazz.
How much clarity and detail do the UE-5c's have? is it on the same level as the E4c? Is the bass deep and clean? or is it abit boomy, muddy, bloated like the UM2? I would go for the UE-10 but Im not really a fan of the revealing, highly detailed sound they seem to posses.

Please! Please! Please! help me!

I would say the clarity is far superior to the e4c as it is far superior to the e5c, or atleast to my ears. I am verry pleased with the base. It is tight and defently there. From what I understand most people that do not like the ue5c is because they feel there is a boost in the base but it is not muddy. They feel it is unnatural, but I like it.

Oct 28, 2006 at 12:35 PM Post #67 of 129
I hate this thread - everytime I see another set of UE-10 pro's I'm reminded how much I want to own a set
biggrin.gif

It's interesting reading that UE like a challenge and reckon they can do just about anything. Yesterday, on my train ride home, when I was thinking about how much I hate this thread I also got to thinking now suppose they could do THAT - hmmmm - oh wow THAT would be so seriously awesome it would make all those pictured here look boring by comparison.

I'm saving the pennies even faster now, in fact I've already queued up some stuff to sell off on eBay just to finance owning UE10's that'll make you drool so much you'll hate this thread almost as much as I do
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #70 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
As requested:

DSC_0068.JPG

Those look incredible! Monkey!

I cant really remember if it was you who owned both UE-10 and UE-5c but if It was you can you help me out abit?

You see Im debating wether I should get the UE5c over the UE-10, If I were using the UE-10 at home aswell as outside they would be my primary choice. But Since I have a good set of cans and speakers at home, Is it worth going for the UE5c instead? I only plan to use the whilst travalling and on the way to college/work and I dont have the luxury of a portable amp. Do you think the UE-10 are way, way, way better than the UE5c or is it not as significant.

Your help would be much appriciated!

Oct 28, 2006 at 6:14 PM Post #71 of 129
mail

mail

mail

mail

mail

there are some pics ue sent me helping me decide.

Oct 28, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #72 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electric_Mofo
Those look incredible! Monkey!

I cant really remember if it was you who owned both UE-10 and UE-5c but if It was you can you help me out abit?

You see Im debating wether I should get the UE5c over the UE-10, If I were using the UE-10 at home aswell as outside they would be my primary choice. But Since I have a good set of cans and speakers at home, Is it worth going for the UE5c instead? I only plan to use the whilst travalling and on the way to college/work and I dont have the luxury of a portable amp. Do you think the UE-10 are way, way, way better than the UE5c or is it not as significant.

Your help would be much appriciated!

Heard both UE10 and UE5c numerous times, owned UE5c. The thing with the UE10 Pro is that is very accurate and it really takes the fun out of music listening; in my opinion it's like monitoring to frequencies intead of listening music.

Personally, I buy headphones to listen to music, not to analyze every details that come out of them, so the UE5c was the best for me. I also listened to both the E500 and Triple.Fi, and opted not to buy because it's not a significant increase in sound quality over the UE5c. On a side note, I owned a bunch of Shure and UE's products, and the best of UE is the UE5c (for music listening) and the best of Shure is the E4 (yes, E4 is better than E500). I also have speakers at home just like you, I use Blue Sky International studio monitors, and the UE5c sound very similar to that; so if you have time check the those speakers out to see what the UE5c sounds like.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Oct 28, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #73 of 129
Ahhhh! Yes I've used those speakers in the studio before and I think Im sold on the UE5c if the sound remotely like them. Thats the kind of comment I was looking for because its easy to say that there clear, detailed, visceral etc but now I have a good referance point to what they sound like.

Thanks!

Oct 29, 2006 at 7:11 AM Post #75 of 129
Wow, I'm looking at these pics and I'd love to have a pair of customs!

But the scary thing is...

I'm also into photography, which is another hugely expensive hobby. $500+ headphones seem way out of my reach, but if I think about it, all I need to do is sell one of my several lenses for $500, throw in an extra $50 out of my wallet, and I have easy access to a pair of UE5c's. I guess they aren't so out of my league...
eek.gif

*now I've got to convince myself that my lenses are better...they're better...don't...sell them........*
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back