IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

11.jpg

6.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

3.jpg

Jul 18, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #17 of 129
I just love that brushed metallic finish.

They should make the Gold, Silver, & Bronze "Olympic Line" of IEMs.

Jul 18, 2006 at 12:37 PM Post #18 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by JLai
I could be wrong, but don't they use the same drivers?

That's my fear. I've been getting conflicting stories about how different the 5cs sound compared to the sf5ps. Those who have the 5cs say they sound better. But after speaking with UE, they believe I need to go to the 10Pro, which I don't really want to do.

Jul 18, 2006 at 1:19 PM Post #19 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by chelsea_hye
That's my fear. I've been getting conflicting stories about how different the 5cs sound compared to the sf5ps. Those who have the 5cs say they sound better. But after speaking with UE, they believe I need to go to the 10Pro, which I don't really want to do.

Perhaps you should wait for the XXX? Or do you have your heart set on a custom?

Jul 18, 2006 at 4:53 PM Post #21 of 129
Quote:

I'd say go for the UE-10's and get it over with lol. I have mine for about a month now and they are simply stunning. Miles ahead of my old e4c's. If you really really want customs, why not buy the best you can get?

Jul 18, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #22 of 129
Quote:

Having heard both I can honestly say that for me the UE-10 is better. I was also hesitant at the start but once I heard both I knew the UE10 was the best. Almost one year later and I am still very happy with my 10's. I use them daily and the sound is absolutely fantastic.

Jul 19, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #23 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
Having heard both I can honestly say that for me the UE-10 is better. I was also hesitant at the start but once I heard both I knew the UE10 was the best. Almost one year later and I am still very happy with my 10's. I use them daily and the sound is absolutely fantastic.

I'm totally on opposite side, for whatever reasons I like the UE5c better. I could had gotten the UE10 but opted not to. And money wasn't an issue at that point; for example if both were to cost $1.00 each, I choose the UE5c over the UE10.

P.S.
I'm do not consider myself an audiophile and I do not like exceptionally accurate and detailed sound, I prefer that musical sound. Basically, I like the E4 clarity plus tight and punchy bass. The UE5c definately gives me what I want.

If you love accuracy and details, I would say the UE10 would be a good choice.

Jul 21, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #24 of 129
yeah, I completly agree with rx7_fan. I mean when you are on the got, you can´t listen to music like you do at home. seems like the UE5c would be the perfect IEMs for me.

@Topic: really nice IEMs you guys have!
wink.gif

Jul 21, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #25 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7_fan
I'm totally on opposite side, for whatever reasons I like the UE5c better. I could had gotten the UE10 but opted not to. And money wasn't an issue at that point; for example if both were to cost $1.00 each, I choose the UE5c over the UE10.

P.S.
I'm do not consider myself an audiophile and I do not like exceptionally accurate and detailed sound, I prefer that musical sound. Basically, I like the E4 clarity plus tight and punchy bass. The UE5c definately gives me what I want.

If you love accuracy and details, I would say the UE10 would be a good choice.

That seems to be the deal breaker for some people. Moreover, some people prefer the added bass on the UE5 (better for hip-hop and rock) and the lower cost. I see the UE5 v. UE10 arguement just like the Super.fi Eb v. Super.fi Pro arguement. Some are bound to prefer one for the added bass and others are bound to prefer the other for the more accurate and detailed sound.

So in the end I guess I am one who loves accuracy and detail in my music. I like to hear exactly what is coming from the recordings I own and I love to hear every detail while I (re)master other tracks.

Jul 21, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #28 of 129
I had not researched the customs because I knew I could not afford them, but Damn this thread has me drooling....They all are soooo nice...I have been allover their website looking at them and the options and even watched the videos on how to insert them (not that I will ever get the chance
frown.gif
)

Anyone else have pics? I love seeing the pictures of these things!

Tim

Jul 22, 2006 at 3:07 PM Post #29 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by InspectorGadget
Anyone else have pics? I love seeing the pictures of these things!

Here you go:

ue-10pro_1.jpg

ue-10pro_2.jpg

ue-10pro_3.jpg

ue-10pro_4.jpg

ue-10pro_5.jpg

ue-10pro_6.jpg

ue-10pro_7.jpg

Jul 22, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #30 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfB
Here you go:

Good lord, thanks for the pictures! I'm getting the same color "scheme" on my UE-5c's coming next week, and now I'm not regretting it. Though the red does look pretty sexy...

Have you noticed any discoloration of the earphones after time, especially considering they're clear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back