Pics galore: DT770 new edition
Dec 20, 2005 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65

JensL

100+ Head-Fier
While the DT770 2005 edition, or whatever they call it, are burning in, I took the opportunity to snap a few more shots of it. Nothing fancy.

In-hand glory :)

On its side.

Close-up of the new headband padding. It's more like leather now. Feels a little softer.

Close-up of the joint between headband and fork. Sturdy as ever.

Two good friends, hopefully...

Close-up of old and new joints. Both feels equally sturdy.

Not much size-difference.

The now old DT880 hang out with the fresh DT770.

Wood or plastic? I guess the W1000 still got an edge here on pure visual esthetics..?

The leather case, which is nice enough, but no match for the flight case of the W5000, I guess.

Case with some nice content.

Another angle. The case will not protect its contents if ran over by a car (but the DT770 might survive anyway).

Well, there you go. The newly designed DT770-250 in some of its glory. Let me know if there's anything in particular you want a picture of (only headphone related, though...)

I haven't done any comparing yet, but it sounds promising.
It's still very comfortable, absolutely no vice-grip here. It actually feels lighter, even if it's supposed to weigh the same as the old DT770 Pro.

More to come....
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #5 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by n00b
OMG Where'd you get those?!

It should be from one of the first batches produced. There are some advantages living in Europe...and having a friend in the business, with an above average interest in headphones...
tongue.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 10:04 PM Post #6 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
Is it really a leather case or is it pleather?

Well, it says "Leather case included" on the box, and it might be, but it ain't Connolly leather.
tongue.gif

I couldn't find any info on the case itself.

I guess it isn't a very expensive case, but it feels nice and "leathery" enough. A nice place to store your headphone so that it doesn't get dusty etc.

Dec 20, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #10 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
Looks like a toy bring back the old rugged look.

Oh, it's still around. The DT770-80 Pro still looks the same as always, and I guess it will stay so for a long while.
This new design is the "hifi" or non-pro version of the DT770. The differences are less skull-grip, a more "commercial" look and more comfort in general.

I think it looks quite nice in person.

Dec 20, 2005 at 10:13 PM Post #11 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by massappeal85
Is the cable straight or coiled?

Straight cable. I think it's the same as on the DT770-80 Pro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by massappeal85
Which do you think has better build quality?

Well, I don't think there are much difference. The important bits are just as sturdy. It's just a little more refined, perhaps. The leather headband-padding might last longer than the pleather on the old.

Since the finish of the housings now are smooth, scratches might be easier to spot. Time will show.

Dec 20, 2005 at 10:17 PM Post #13 of 65
Nice! Maybe this means that my "Manufacture" order might actually ship, someday...

Those look nicer than the old versions IMO, although I think my woodied DT770's look nicer still
orphsmile.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #14 of 65
I was a hairs-width away from getting a DT770. Glad I didn't in the end, I'm not a fan of how it looked really. This new one definitely looks superior to me, I like the new engraved 'DT770' on the earcup.

Dec 20, 2005 at 10:29 PM Post #15 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by xluben
So there will be no 80 Ohm version of the new look?

That is very disappointing. Do you know when retailers will get these?

I have no idea on both questions.
There might be a 80 ohm version some day. If you can't wait, just order a 32 ohm version via the Beyer Manufaktur.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back