Pics galore: DT770 new edition
Dec 20, 2005 at 10:49 PM Post #16 of 65
Wow, the first real pics of the new beyers. I think they look pretty much the same, though I don't care for the "charcoal" color of the housing (I wonder if black would look less "plasticy"). Then again these are the cheapest of the line, and this pair is totally stock. I wonder which parts can be switched out. Love that new case.

JensL: Is the headband mechanism the same mechanically and does the new headband go on the old headphones?

Dec 20, 2005 at 11:11 PM Post #17 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by JensL
I have no idea on both questions.
There might be a 80 ohm version some day. If you can't wait, just order a 32 ohm version via the Beyer Manufaktur.
tongue.gif

Ah, I forgot about the 32 ohm version. I think I remember hearing of it previously. I'm guessing this will probably replace the 80 ohm version.

I hope retailers get the new Beyers, because straight from the manufacturer I think they're a little expensive.

Dec 21, 2005 at 12:19 AM Post #18 of 65
They look much better than the others. Any opinion on sound differences yet? The different enclosures obviously have different acoustic properties, I'm curious as to what effect that has on the sound.

Dec 21, 2005 at 1:00 AM Post #19 of 65
Interesting. Nice posting some large comparison pics. I personally like the ruggedness look of the old ones...though the coiled cord is not my style. I personally think the current DT-880 is much better looking than the new one coming out. I guess they are trying to get a more modern look (like Senn), but I am a Grado fan, so obviously I like the retro look (which both the DT-770 and 990 have a great deal of). Now then...some DT-770/990 Woodies may not be retro or modern...just sweet as hell.

Dec 21, 2005 at 2:09 AM Post #20 of 65
I'll jump on the bandwagon and say that I prefer the old, rugged look. Though the low impedance and customization options are really nice, I'd rather have the DT770s rugged looks to match with the powerful bass
basshead.gif
Of course, I'll wait until some sonic comparisons before concluding which one to get; how long have they been burning in?

Dec 21, 2005 at 7:39 AM Post #21 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by YngwieJMalmsteen
Is the headband mechanism the same mechanically and does the new headband go on the old headphones?

Yeah, the headband seems to have the same basic mechanism.
The headband padding doesn't have the buttons now, it's more of a ziplock-type, kinda like the Senn HD280.
The metal plates above the joint, actually have a function. They keep the top end of the forks in place when pushed up and into the headband padding.

Will the new headband fit the old headphones? Hmm...I think so, but you might need the new joint to make it fit. The new headband seems to be wider, but the fork is the same size.
I'll take a look at it when I get home later.

Dec 21, 2005 at 7:46 AM Post #22 of 65
Few things-

1)Looks like the new headband isn't snap-on, which means someday Grado owners might find the old DT770 headband pads scarce...

2)I actually don't mind the new look. Tho it stinks that you have to pay tons thru the custom site to get the 32ohm option.

3)That new look has big potential for all the customizable colors.

4)More leathery headband's never a bad thing.

5)How does the sound compare to the old DT770? I know it isn't burned it yet but...

6)THANKS FOR THE PICS! And the comparo pics too! The first new ones since the previews at the trade shows!

Dec 21, 2005 at 8:13 AM Post #23 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
Looks like a toy bring back the old rugged look.

Amen.

Dec 21, 2005 at 10:18 AM Post #26 of 65
I am definately interested to hear how these sounds. The DT770's seem to be my dream sound-signature
biggrin.gif
. These shouldn't be much different.

What will be interesting is reports on the 32-ohm... Portable
basshead.gif
-monsters?

With regards to looks -- these are borderline toyish... I must agree...

Dec 21, 2005 at 10:25 AM Post #27 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by twiple
Thanks for your pics,Jahn.
I'm waiting for your review.
icon10.gif

It was JensL
tongue.gif
. If Im not mistaken, he's the first one here to get his hand on one of these!

Dec 21, 2005 at 11:00 AM Post #29 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by sumguy_
It was JensL
tongue.gif
. If Im not mistaken, he's the first one here to get his hand on one of these!

I'm sorry.It's my mistake.Let me fix it now.

Dec 21, 2005 at 11:15 AM Post #30 of 65
does this mean the 770-pro is being discontinued? cus i just bought them like 3 days ago.. this is a bit discouarging. considering taking them back and waiting? i do like the look of the oldies better and 80ohm seems pretty perfect but i need opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back