Pico - USB DAC/Amplifier From HeadAmp
Jan 26, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #646 of 711
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how does the pico compared to the other amps you have with the imod?

After 200 hours burn-in,I compared Pico with Xin SuperMacro4(latest mod,maxed out version;L&R OPA627BP 3rd&4th NJM4556AD),TTVJ Millett Hybrid,Hornet(M).

My rig was iMod(4G,Apple lossless)>DIY mini-mini>Amp>ATH-W5000,ATH-ESW9

Sound stage:Xin SM4>Pico>TTVJ>>Hornet
The sound stage of SM4 is huge as if surrounding system,Pico is slightly narrow.

Transparency:Xin SM4=Pico>TTVJ>Hornet

Bass:Xin SM4>Hornet>TTVJ>Pico
Bass of Pico is too tight. I felt Pico need more burn-in.

Treble:Xin SM4>=Pico>TTVJ>Hornet
Treble of Pico is slightly mellow than SM4.

Sorry,bad English.

Jan 26, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #647 of 711
Quote:

Originally Posted by sulcata_geo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After 200 hours burn-in,I compared Pico with Xin SuperMacro4(latest mod,maxed out version;L&R OPA627BP 3rd&4th NJM4556AD),TTVJ Millett Hybrid,Hornet(M).

Sound stage:Xin SM4>Pico>TTVJ>>Hornet
The sound stage of SM4 is huge as if surrounding system,Pico is slightly narrow.

Transparency:Xin SM4=Pico>TTVJ>Hornet

Bass:Xin SM4>Hornet>TTVJ>Pico
Bass of Pico is too tight. I felt Pico need more burn-in.

Treble:Xin SM4>=Pico>TTVJ>Hornet
Treble of Pico is slightly mellow than SM4.

Sorry,bad English.

Thank you for the information!

Feb 10, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #648 of 711
I am using the Pico right now and can someone see if i'm using Pico with foobar the right way?

Untitled3.jpg

It says that it's unavailable, but the music and sounds are working through my Pico..

Thank you

Feb 10, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #649 of 711
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny Calavera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you get hit with any duty,etc when it arrived at your door ?

That is what I am worried about as well before I place my order.

Feb 10, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #650 of 711
Quote:

Originally Posted by sulcata_geo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So strange about your set up, as you must use specific dock cable to enjoy the advantages from the modifications in iMod, why you use mini-mini cable? This makes the modification in iMod is ruined, and the sound wouldn't be better than a 4G iPod with general dock cable output. Any thing I missed?
confused.gif

Feb 10, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #651 of 711
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny Calavera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you get hit with any duty,etc when it arrived at your door ?

I can't quite remember, my family paid for it and I believe it was around $20-30. This was by postal (and thank goodness).

Feb 10, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #652 of 711
Sorry to hijack this thread for two secs, but:

Assorted,

I wonder if you received my PM's, as I thought we should have got in touch, while I'm not receiving any pm's or emails from you.

Feb 10, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #653 of 711
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to hijack this thread for two secs, but:

Assorted,

I wonder if you received my PM's, as I thought we should have got in touch, while I'm not receiving any pm's or emails from you.

Checking emails right away! Thank you!

reply sent

Feb 10, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #654 of 711
I've replied too. You can give me the email address you use more often, so we can keep our conversation there.
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #655 of 711
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpnz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am using the Pico right now and can someone see if i'm using Pico with foobar the right way?

Untitled3.jpg

It says that it's unavailable, but the music and sounds are working through my Pico..

Thank you

Thats strange..it should be highlighted green (aka running). If you can change the volume through the windows controls its not working properly for Asio

Feb 11, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #656 of 711
Quote:

Originally Posted by jterp7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats strange..it should be highlighted green (aka running). If you can change the volume through the windows controls its not working properly for Asio

I cannot change the volume through windows controls, so i guess that's a good thing..

By the way: does the pico (usb) shows difference in SQ when the ac adaptor also is connected?

Feb 11, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #657 of 711
Quote:

Originally Posted by jterp7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpnz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cannot change the volume through windows controls, so i guess that's a good thing..

By the way: does the pico (usb) shows difference in SQ when the ac adaptor also is connected?

My computer shows the same thing. When Foobar is closed Asio4all says that it's running, but when I use Foobar it says it's unvailable and the volume can't be changed so I guess it's working.

EDIT:: Wait I just switched to DS and it is noticibly softer, not as loud as asio, so I guess asio is working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back