Pico amp pictures compilation thread
Jan 16, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #76 of 109
There's a Pico squashed in there somewhere:

408204981.jpg

Jan 16, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #78 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyfiore75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I were to order a Pico TODAY, how long do you think it would take to get? Weeks? Months? Years?

couple weeks, someone posted an e-mail they got from justin in another thread, said hes hammering out about 30 picos a week.

Jan 16, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #79 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyfiore75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I were to order a Pico TODAY, how long do you think it would take to get? Weeks? Months? Years?

yeah, not as long as the first group had to wait (4 months!)...but it's worth it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #81 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by DennyL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting to see a Pico with an iRiver H140. The iBasso D1 is the ideal match for the iRiver because it can use the iRiver's unique digital output, and sounds very good.

Yeah, while you may not be able to use the Pico's DAC with the iRiver, I'm not really interested in a device with either the brief battery life or large size necessary to use its' optical output. The Pico is very handy to use as an amp with the iRiver though, since it eliminates the iRiver's irritating hiss with IEM's. I included the picture more to give an additional sense of scale to the Pico (not to mention that I have always loved the looks of the iHP120).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't even bother asking, Iron_Dreamer is THE master of deal finding.

He said it. If it wasn't a deal, I wouldn't have them
wink.gif

Jan 17, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #82 of 109
Which colour combination is best for smudge proof?

Jan 17, 2008 at 7:01 AM Post #83 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which colour combination is best for smudge proof?

Probably the clear. The black is a piano black and it's not as bad as the PS3/PSP, but fingerprints still show up quite easily on it.

Jan 21, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #84 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A mini USB cable (as supplied with Pico, Canon cameras etc) won't fit in a micro USB hole (Predator, Nikon cameras etc), in my experience at least.

x2. They aren't compatible.

Jan 21, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #87 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyRedHead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the Predator uses a micro and the Pico uses a mini.
C:%5CUsers%5CK%5CDocuments%5CFive%20common%20USB%20connectors.docx

The Pico and Predator both use a Mini-B. The predator has a different outline, but it is still a Mini-B.

Jan 21, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #88 of 109
Yes, they are both Mini-B, which MiniMe really likes.

Jan 21, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #89 of 109
I'm one to also agree the Pico does not have a bad side (nor color)!

I think everything I own in my main rig is black but that silver stack especially the Pico has me wavering :-0

Absolutely beautiful in any iteration:) Being a Longhorn alumni I may have to ask Justin if he can replicate that nice burnt orange one again!

Great thread and super photo's folks.

Justin, live long and proper:wink:

Jan 22, 2008 at 8:55 AM Post #90 of 109
can someone just take a side by side pic next to an IPOD or an item that we're all familiar with. So we can get a good idea of the size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back