Photos of office setup
Jun 22, 2001 at 5:42 AM Post #16 of 46
I'm almost positive I was supposed to get a platinum; I'm trying to find the information to support that now.

Jun 22, 2001 at 5:59 AM Post #18 of 46
The ONLY difference between the Platinum and the non-platinum is the front panel.

The current Live's come in 4 varieties:
OEM (Bare card, no software)
X-Gamer (With games)
MP3+ (With a microphone and sound/music software)
Platinum (With a microphone, sound/music software, games, and THE FRONT PANEL)

If it's OEM, it's not a platinum...

There's also the Live Value (with no digital out) and the 5.1 versions (with the digital out jack replaced by a "versajack")

-Alex

P.S. - Mbriant... I need a new portable, sell me the D777. Please? I can trade you a set of E484's or MDR-CD1700's towards them.

Jun 22, 2001 at 10:33 AM Post #19 of 46
neil: I've already got a rack full of Bryston amps and other stuff in my living room.
smily_headphones1.gif

Odeen: Sorry bud, no can do. It's my favourite sounding portable cd.

hongda: Actually I own and operate an employment agency for transport drivers. Can you drive a big rig? Prior to that I published several A/V magazines in Canada for many years. Although you wouldn't know it from these crappy photos ( I've got to find the manual for my digital camera ) I owned a photo studio as well.

joelongwood: Plenty of time to work after I'm dead......oh wait....that's sleep, isn't it?

Jun 22, 2001 at 11:25 AM Post #21 of 46
Mcbiff: LOL...you've got a real eye for crap. You should see the ones I didn't include in the photo. The Sony MDR-CD180's were sent to me used as part of a package when I bought the Sony D-777 Discman. They're in excellent condition, so I couldn't throw them out. I plan on giving them to a friend's daughter.

Jun 24, 2001 at 9:42 PM Post #24 of 46
mbriant: when you list "others" under your profile's inventory list, its an understatement. That's the most impressive lineup I've seen yet. Let me know when you have a garage sale.

Jun 24, 2001 at 10:20 PM Post #25 of 46
I'll have to post some pics of my office rig. It is not even close to being as impressive as mbriant's, but it's still cool for an office rig. It is made up of:

-- Denon DCM-370 HDCD/CD carousel player

-- Monster Interlink 400 MkII dual-RCA-to-mini interconnect

-- HeadRoom Total Airhead

-- JMT-built CHA-type amp (runs on eight AA's)

-- Sennheiser HD-600's (I have a separate pair -- the HD-600's I won -- that I keep at the office)

-- Sony MDR-V6's (I carry these with me pretty much everywhere)

I'll bring my digital camera to the office and take some pics.

I encourage more of you to include pics of your rigs!

Jun 25, 2001 at 7:52 AM Post #27 of 46
mbriant, I want to know how do you feel about your sony
portable cdp D303 and D777 ( sound quality and feature )
and I want you to compare these cdp.
Thank you.
cool.gif

Jun 25, 2001 at 1:02 PM Post #28 of 46
Mike, I helped set up computer networks for a couple-a trucking companies here in AR - does that count?!? Your pics almost make a guy want to leave AR for greener pastures!

So tell me, just how much do those open cans "leak" sound in an office? Looking for something that sounds better at work but don't want everyone that walks by the door to start dancing to the music, not to mention bugging my cell-mate (two cubical office - we are seperated by a partition with cabinets).

Jun 26, 2001 at 5:33 AM Post #29 of 46
Man, do you always have that many portable cd's/md's/mp3's lying around on your desk to use or did you just put them all there for the picture?

I leave my Sony discman lying around and hide the Panasonic 470 that my parents don't know I own. If they see it they'll just ask why I bought another cd player and bit%* at me.

I wish I had that D777. That's gotta be the best portable ever. I guess I'll just have to put up with my Sony D-E446.

My future goal is to have an office desk just like yours. I better start working my ass off at school.

What are your favorite headphones for portable use?

Jun 26, 2001 at 9:43 AM Post #30 of 46
Quote:

Originally posted by Deuce_Bigalow

I leave my Sony discman lying around and hide the Panasonic 470 that my parents don't know I own. If they see it they'll just ask why I bought another cd player and bit%* at me.

LMAO ! My girlfriend thinks my HD600 is 80 bucks and my Musical fidelity xcanv2 is also 90 bucks. ( where in reality both cost me over $520)
cool.gif

She already cant understand why I am paying 80 bucks for headphone and 80 buck more just to make it *louder* LMAO ! I try to hide the real price of my stuff.. otherwise she will go nuts and start to bug me about buying her some diamonds or whatever
rolleyes.gif

Tides

Users who are viewing this thread

Back