Photos of D5's prototype
May 27, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #5 of 13
So the D5 has two mic-in? wondering how will the D5+E11 fare against the E7?

May 29, 2011 at 5:35 AM Post #7 of 13

Quote:

I really liked the looks of that.. Guess this design has been scraped now? there is really a big market for an affordable entry level dac like this from a company such as fiio, I think. I'd buy one to pair with my current amp. It would be a good way for anyone to get into dacs. A good stepping stone :) just my .02

EDIT.. Oh duh. its just the other side view of the thing. In that case I'm still excited for it. even though I'd have no use for the mic inputs. This would work well as a dac that fed a headphone amp right?

May 29, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
Yes, D5 has two Mic In for Karaoke. one of our customer ask us to add that.

Well, never expected that feature to be added in... This customer must have quite a bit of influence for Fiio to make the design decision.

May 29, 2011 at 8:14 AM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
Well, never expected that feature to be added in... This customer must have quite a bit of influence for Fiio to make the design decision.

same here left me confused. I really hope they make a straight up DAC for customers looking for a headphone dac over here.They have the technology! lol

May 29, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #10 of 13
Maybe something that could still plug back in to the E9? I'm just thinking..I feel like they did it backwards on the e7/e9 combo and it would suck to buy one of those combos for two reasons now

1) you get a lackluster portable amp compared to the e11

2) I feel like a lot of people don't use the Dac on the e7 while on the run... I wouldn't. So it would be nothing but a downgrade from the e11.

I'm not gonna buy a portable amp just to to dock it into something that I'm already going to pay 130 for. No thanks.. however, If I could just throw a nice simple dac in the mix for cheaper. That would be awesome. I just can't pay 100 dollars for a portable headphone amp/dac that wouldn't get used as anything but a stationary dac. I think I'm making sense. 

I just got really excited when they made the e11, because they were making just an amp. I figured they would rethink their desktop line into something less... well, silly. Dac>amp>headphone.. Lets leave a portable amp dac thingy dock out of it. Just my .02 as always :)

Jun 3, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #13 of 13
I'm sad to see the E5 become a non audiophile product.
What I was looking forward to is a quality DAC tha can go perfectly with a small amp as a desktop headphone setup, just USB in RCA out, but I'm not too worried It's probably going to come out at some point considering how fast your product line is expanding.
The day you guys make a DAC that made to feed an amp and only made for that, I'll buy one instantly (if you guys make an am sorta like the EF2 i'll probably buy one too, that and the X3 when it come out
tongue_smile.gif
)

Keep up the good work.

PS is there a shop in Shanghai where you guys sell your products? I've having problem ordering products over the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back