Photography VS Music (and $500.)
Aug 10, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why I chose this over more technically efficient DSLRs?
Simply because of the Live Preview option and the tilting LCD screen. My photography consists of mostly spontaneous, candid shots. Street scenes, candid family portraits, etc. I'll need to be as invisible as humanly possible.

If your street scenes are going to happen in bright daylight, then you won't be using the LCD screen......you can't see anything on the LCD screens on bright days. I especially wouldn't be composing any shots with one. viewfinders though.....I find they can be less fatiguing on the eye as well. I vote any of the budget dSLRs: don't let "live preview" be a major factor....these budget dSLRs are also compact so you don't stick out like a sore thumb. Although, at the zoo, I had a XTi and big 70-200mm zoom. I couldn't help but be conscious that other people with big zooms also had bigger cameras
biggrin.gif
I miss my 5D already (it's in the repair shop
frown.gif
)

Aug 10, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If your street scenes are going to happen in bright daylight, then you won't be using the LCD screen......you can't see anything on the LCD screens on bright days. I especially wouldn't be composing any shots with one. viewfinders though.....I find they can be less fatiguing on the eye as well. I vote any of the budget dSLRs: don't let "live preview" be a major factor....these budget dSLRs are also compact so you don't stick out like a sore thumb. Although, at the zoo, I had a XTi and big 70-200mm zoom. I couldn't help but be conscious that other people with big zooms also had bigger cameras
biggrin.gif
I miss my 5D already (it's in the repair shop
frown.gif
)

That's a very good point. Though for some reason, I didn't really find sunlight to be a problem with my old P&S. I often wished the LCD screen was a lot bigger but I remember that glare wasn't that big of an issue for me. Weird now that I think about it. Maybe it's because I often hid in the shade when I shot people?
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to choose both
mad.gif

But if you make me choose for real I would definitely choose photography.
It let's me express my feelings in a way and I actually create something. Music listening gives me feelings (wich also helps with working on photography) but is very passive (at least through hps..through speakers with good music it can drive me wild
icon10.gif
)

Imagine the effects of combining both worlds and listening to some beautiful tunes during photography sessions. Now that'll be really wild.

Aug 10, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #33 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Imagine the effects of combining both worlds and listening to some beautiful tunes during photography sessions. Now that'll be really wild.

I already do and wild it is
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back