Phonak Audeo?
Feb 8, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #1,006 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Regime|Life /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the only place to buy these from Phonak's website? I can't seem to find anywhere else.

Its the best place to order from, and they will ship the following day.

Feb 8, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #1,007 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyPenFly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone else having left channel problems on a iPhone 3G with the mic model? Sometimes I get weak or no left channel and I have to reinsert to get sound.

NE7M never had this problem.

It's not the iphone that is causing the left channel to be lower in volume, since I think I know what the problem is, because it has been happening to me too.

The filter gets loose inside the earpiece (at least that's what I think it is), and what I did was take the filter out, and put it back in made sure it was in all the way, and now the sound is balanced. I even tried swapping the left and right filters and that fixed it too...

hope that helps.

Feb 8, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #1,008 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayeshrc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so wait... do you need to use a headphone amp with the pfe or not? i have a nokia 5800 and ipod 120gig...

With my 4G Nano or iPhone 3G as my source I don't need an amp, but with my 5.5G iPod video an amp is useful for louder than moderate volumes when it is maxed out.

Feb 8, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #1,009 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by illini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I juat cant believe how good these phones are. I have not touched any of my other phones since iv got these. I have them paired with my iphone 3g. The highs are crystal clear the mids are precise and the lows are very tight. I may need to buy another set incase of a breakage i would hate to have to go back to the SE530's.
bigsmile_face.gif

The PFEs ring up another endorsement over a top-tier IEM. Cool. Doesn't mean they are a better IEM, just that some folks prefer their sound over the big four. That does say something to me.

Feb 8, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #1,010 of 2,281
LOL @ this thread > 1,000 posts!

TEAM PHONAK FTW!

Feb 8, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #1,013 of 2,281
I mostly listen to Metallica, Dropkick Murphys, RHCP, Rolling Stones, Muse and Guns n Roses, are the PFEs a good match for that music?

Several sources says the filters are fragile, how much does extra filters cost?

Do you have to put the cable over the ears or are they still comfortable if you skip that?

Could anyone recommend a European webshop that sells PFEs? I live in Sweden so international shipping is wanted.. Haven't found them in Sweden yet.

Feb 8, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #1,015 of 2,281
The filters aren't that fragile if you take care, I changed them often back and forth. I always used the screw side of the tool, never the clickie part. If you're careful they can last long (and you can soak them in hydrogen peroxide, which means they can be reused over and over again after they got dirty).

Feb 9, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #1,017 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rojj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mostly listen to Metallica, Dropkick Murphys, RHCP, Rolling Stones, Muse and Guns n Roses, are the PFEs a good match for that music?

In my opinion, yes. I think they do well with all genres. They can really kick out the bass with some impact, especially when the black filters are used (recessing the mids/highs). I have listened to them with Metallica, the Rolling Stones, and GnR with positive results.

Quote:

Several sources says the filters are fragile, how much does extra filters cost?

$10 for 8 filters in the US.

Quote:

Do you have to put the cable over the ears or are they still comfortable if you skip that?

They have to be oriented with the cable up, but they go deep enough in your ear and are light enough so that if the cable isn't over your ear, they won't move or fall out (at least for me), but may look weird.

Quote:

Could anyone recommend a European webshop that sells PFEs? I live in Sweden so international shipping is wanted.. Haven't found them in Sweden yet.

Sorry, can't help you there, but if you search the Phonak threads, there is plenty of info on where you can purchase throughout the world.

Feb 9, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #1,019 of 2,281
BTW, I don't find the filters to be fragile. I've changed mine several times and have no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back