Phonak Audeo?
Feb 8, 2009 at 10:49 AM Post #992 of 2,281
Has anyone used both the PFE's and Klipsch X5's? Any small comparisons with peoples different opinions would be very helpful. Particularly interested in the differences in bass quantity and quality.
Oh and how long does a pair of filters last typically?

Feb 8, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #993 of 2,281
im using the default complys and they are good enough for me.
jecklinsmile.gif

Feb 8, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #995 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by James Crysis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone used both the PFE's and Klipsch X5's? Any small comparisons with peoples different opinions would be very helpful. Particularly interested in the differences in bass quantity and quality.
Oh and how long does a pair of filters last typically?

I bought the X5s...listened to them for a few days...then promptly returned them.

To me the difference is night and day.

X5s = cotton in your ears.

PFEs = take the cotton out of your ears.

X5s offer better isolation but were much more uncomfortable to me. Like they went in too deep into my ears and the discomfort was felt further up the ear canal after long periods of time. Put Shure Olives on the PFEs and isolation is 90% as good with MUCH more comfort. I can forget they are there.

Overall, the X5s are a much darker IEM; almost like they have nothing to give in terms of highs/treble. Mids were okay. But even the bass I thought was so-so, maybe even muddy. Not much coloration to it, coming from my ATH-CK7s.

To answer your bass question more specifically, I would say that the X5s have a SLIGHT edge on bass quantity but lag behind in bass quality.

The cable on the X5s is also nowhere near as good as that on the PFEs. I also didn't like the curved mini plug on the X5s. I prefer the straight plug on the PFEs.

At $125 (half off), the X5s are about $50 overpriced IMO. At $250 they would rank amongst the worst value purchases in history. Whereas at $140, the PFEs are the exact opposite.

But kudos to Klipsch for their silicon tips and excellent customer service.

(I've had no need to "test" Phonak's customer service.)

Feb 8, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #996 of 2,281
I only have the X10s, which I like okay, but even that flagship Klipsch IEM (along wit the the Custom 3), isn't on par with the PFE in my view. I do find the X10 comfort, with the gel tri-flanges, better than the PFEs, but that is really splitting hairs - both are great. But when it comes to mids and highs, the PFEs rule. And as for bass, the X10s have deeper, more extended bass than the PFEs, but I still prefer the more accurate bass from the latter.

Also, I sort of agree with Schneller, the X10 at half price is about right (mainly for the comfort, not the SQ), but the PFE at $139 is a phone where the price/performance balance is perfect - you are getting a very high-quality performer at a relative bargain cost.

Feb 8, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #997 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only have the X10s, which I like okay, but even that flagship Klipsch IEM (along wit the the Custom 3), isn't on par with the PFE in my view. I do find the X10 comfort, with the gel tri-flanges, better than the PFEs, but that is really splitting hairs - both are great. But when it comes to mids and highs, the PFEs rule. And as for bass, the X10s have deeper, more extended bass than the PFEs, but I still prefer the more accurate bass from the latter.

Also, I sort of agree with Schneller, the X10 at half price is about right (mainly for the comfort, not the SQ), but the PFE at $139 is a phone where the price/performance balance is perfect - you are getting a very high-quality performer at a relative bargain cost.

Bro do you know any website that offers international shipping for IEM's and amps?

Feb 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #999 of 2,281
are you sure the cabling/soldering in the connector is ok? try carefully bending the connector a bit and see if anything happens...i had to have my pair replaced because there's a problem with connector and get no sound from one of the channels (forgot which) when the connector is very slightly bent.

Feb 8, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #1,000 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyPenFly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone else having left channel problems on a iPhone 3G with the mic model? Sometimes I get weak or no left channel and I have to reinsert to get sound.

NE7M never had this problem.

Sure you can get a replacement. My NE7M had a different problem, whenever I even touched the button, it would pause the music (I don't mean push, just get near it, including bumping my collar). NuForce sent me a new one.

I'd get in touch with Phonak and ask for a replacement, just as cassiohui did.

Feb 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #1,001 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyPenFly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone else having left channel problems on a iPhone 3G with the mic model? Sometimes I get weak or no left channel and I have to reinsert to get sound.

Mine works fine. I have been using it everyday for weeks now. 0 problems.

You probably need to get a replacement.

Feb 8, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #1,002 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrealsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bro do you know any website that offers international shipping for IEM's and amps?

Specifically, what IEMs or amps? Not sure I understand the question. You might be better off asking someone who actually buys from a U.S.-based site that provides international shipping. I know Head-Direct and Earphonesolutions.com ship internationally. Is that what you mean?

Feb 8, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #1,003 of 2,281
I juat cant believe how good these phones are. I have not touched any of my other phones since iv got these. I have them paired with my iphone 3g. The highs are crystal clear the mids are precise and the lows are very tight. I may need to buy another set incase of a breakage i would hate to have to go back to the SE530's.
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #1,005 of 2,281
It's probably your best option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back