Phonak Audeo?
Jan 4, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #136 of 2,281
I did email Clarity on Jan. 2 and received a reply not long ago:

Hello,

I placed an order on Jan. 1 for one pair of Black Audéo Perfect Fit Earphones.

My Order Number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Can you please give me an update re this order and possibly give a tracking number after it ships...

Hi Dane,
I will definitely do that.
I apologize, we are out of town for a wedding, and will return Sunday night. I will get that info when we get back, if that works ok for you.

Have a great night, and God Bless !

Rob

They seem to be nice people.
smily_headphones1.gif

More updates to come...

Jan 4, 2009 at 10:51 AM Post #137 of 2,281
Yes they are nice. However we are unlucky about order timing. This is 7th day of my order. No shipped yet.

Jan 6, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #138 of 2,281
For those in Europe I got the Audeos from this place. I payed 99€ + 25€ shipping. You might get a better shipping price if you leave in Western Europe. It took them a while to get to me because they first told me they only take bank transfer, but I was finally able to pay using Paypal. Shipping was fast after paying. They sound great, but I had to use the silicon tips, I can't get a good seal with the foamies.

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:08 AM Post #141 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by florin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. They're the ones without microphone.

From the standpoint of sonical quality this may be the better choice as things like potentiometers and micophones may (but don't necessarily have to) degrade the sound quality.

Let me once more (
bigsmile_face.gif
) state how much I love my Audéos! Every morning I consider which IEMs to take with me today. Almost always I stick to the Audéos - preferring them to my Westone 3s, Triple.Fis, and Etymotic ER4P and S. For vocal and/or acoustic Jazz there's just nothing better (yet)! They are at the same time the most balanced and the most fun ones! No midbass hump (W3), no lack of bass (Etys), no veiled/recessed mids (W3), no sibilance (W3), no lack of brillance and air (W3), not over-analytical and cold (Etys, TF10), great balance and cohesion, very good extension in the deep bass and nicely sparkling but not too bright highs. And best of all: *great* (with the right recordings: amazingly real!) sound/headstage!

Jan 6, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #142 of 2,281
I was planning on getting TF10s mainly because of the easy replaceable cable and high quality. But now Im wanting these because they seem to have the same 2 things I wanted and the sound sig could even be more suited to me from what chi2 just said. At a fraction of the price too so now Im considering a new DAP as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #143 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you don't mind, where are you and where did the PFE ship from?

Did you purchase from Clarity?

I ordered mine from the Phonak website. They were shipped by HearingPlanet from Brentwood, TN, to Ontario, Canada, Shipped with UPS.

Jan 6, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #144 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeahx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was planning on getting TF10s mainly because of the easy replaceable cable and high quality. But now Im wanting these because they seem to have the same 2 things I wanted and the sound sig could even be more suited to me from what chi2 just said. At a fraction of the price too so now Im considering a new DAP as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

You may have meant it that way but just to be sure: The cable of the Audéos is replaceable - but you have to be somewhat skillful with a soldering iron.

Jan 6, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #145 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by chi2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me once more (
bigsmile_face.gif
) state how much I love my Audéos! Every morning I consider which IEMs to take with me today. Almost always I stick to the Audéos - preferring them to my Westone 3s, Triple.Fis, and Etymotic ER4P and S. For vocal and/or acoustic Jazz there's just nothing better (yet)! They are at the same time the most balanced and the most fun ones! No midbass hump (W3), no lack of bass (Etys), no veiled/recessed mids (W3), no sibilance (W3), no lack of brillance and air (W3), not over-analytical and cold (Etys, TF10), great balance and cohesion, very good extension in the deep bass and nicely sparkling but not too bright highs. And best of all: *great* (with the right recordings: amazingly real!) sound/headstage!

There's one downside that may or may not be important for potential buyers: The isolation of the Audéos isn't on par with the one of the Shures (310 and up), the Etys and the Westones. Shure Olives improve on that, so do silicone-Comply-hybrids, but as the nozzle is pretty short you won't be able to really enjoy them in an airplane, for example. For daily commuting in a train however they are perfect for me.

Jan 6, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #146 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by chi2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's one downside that may or may not be important for potential buyers: The isolation of the Audéos isn't on par with the one of the Shures (310 and up), the Etys and the Westones. Shure Olives improve on that, so do silicone-Comply-hybrids, but as the nozzle is pretty short you won't be able to really enjoy them in an airplane, for example. For daily commuting in a train however they are perfect for me.

With the Shure Olives, they are much better than my old ATH-CK7s.

I also briefly owned the Klipsch X5s, and I would say the Audeos isolate around 90% as well...but are far more comfortable to me. The X5s were like inserting needles into your ears...well, not quite...but they go in deep...further up the ear canal...to the point that they become uncomfortable to me after several insertions.

Jan 6, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #147 of 2,281
Quote:

For those in Europe I got the Audeos from this place. I payed 99€ + 25€ shipping. You might get a better shipping price if you leave in Western Europe. It took them a while to get to me because they first told me they only take bank transfer, but I was finally able to pay using Paypal. Shipping was fast after paying. They sound great, but I had to use the silicon tips, I can't get a good seal with the foamies.

This might be better solution. Because 'Clarity Hearing Solution' didn't give any information about shipping yet. Infact they don't responding my e-mails no more! I don't recommend that site(before I had given it's link). Unfortunately I don't know speak German, so that site is useless for me. I couldn't get even a membership. But if my current order would be cancel, I would start to learn German
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 6, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #148 of 2,281
My order has been canceled. I couldn't reach my phones after 8 days waiting. This is e-mail between me and seller ;

Me:
Hi
This is my order number: xxxxxxxxxx . Order date: 12.28.2008 .
I couldn't recieve any information yet. This is 8th day from my order date.Please give me some information about my order status, or I will consider to cancel my order via pay-pal.

Seller:

Our yahoo site clearly states that our orders USUALLY ship in 3-4 business days. That would not include the time to take your item to travel to you. Considering the fact that we have had 2 holiday weeks in this country back to back our supplier has been closed at least part of each of those weeks. We will save you any more frustration and go ahead and cancel this order for you now so you will not have to wait for free shipping on an international order. Thank you, Rob

It means, 'if you are a customer and you are taking free shipping with an extra slow and unsafe method without any option, than you have to wait forever without any customer care. Shot up your mouth or I cancel your order.'

Such a nice people indeed.

Jan 6, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #149 of 2,281
Quote:

Florin how did you paid with pay pal? I finaly ordered one but there was no any payment. Only a word:'Nachnahme' means pay when shipped I guess. But I am not sure they will send me that with nachnahme payment.
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #150 of 2,281
how does these compare with klipsch custom-3's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back