Phonak Audeo?
Dec 16, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #46 of 2,281
dfkt: Well, based on your recommendation and that of another person, I took the plunge on a pair of the black (non-mic) version. I paid $139 for them. I will of course add my $.02 when I get them.

Thanks!

Dec 16, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #47 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dfkt: Well, based on your recommendation and that of another person, I took the plunge on a pair of the black (non-mic) version. I paid $139 for them. I will of course add my $.02 when I get them.
Thanks!

Very good decision! I definitely prefer them over my Westone 3s and with a lot of high quality recordings (eg Chesky, Stockfish) over my Triple.Fis, too. Just make sure to install the black filters instead of the preinstalled grey ones. And get yourself some Shure black foam olives as they isolate much better than the soft silicone sleeves that come with the Audéos.

Audéo ergo sum
icon10.gif
(I'm listening to the Phonaks - therefore I am)

Dec 16, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #48 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by chi2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very good decision! I definitely prefer them over my Westone 3s and with a lot of high quality recordings (eg Chesky, Stockfish) over my Triple.Fis, too. Just make sure to install the black filters instead of the preinstalled grey ones. And get yourself some Shure black foam olives as they isolate much better than the soft silicone sleeves that come with the Audéos.

Audéo ergo sum
icon10.gif
(I'm listening to the Phonaks - therefore I am)

Wow! Impressive.

Sure, I'll order some Olives.

Dec 17, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #50 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonsurf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try "SAVE20" at the check out. I was able to get 20% off.
bigsmile_face.gif

Tells me that coupon expired yesterday...

Dec 17, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #51 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IE8 are still better than these, right? And not only marginally?

I'm always getting ignored in threads like these, lol.
icon10.gif

Dec 17, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #53 of 2,281
Quote:

Tells me that coupon expired yesterday...

Why don't you call them and ask? There is a good chance they will make it up for you.

Dec 17, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #54 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm always getting ignored in threads like these, lol.
icon10.gif

Sorry, but as I don't own the IE8s I can't say anything about them compared to the Audéos.

Quote:

Sure, I'll order some Olives.

In order to mount the slightly too narrow Shure foam olives you have to take some extra measures (please see the posts by dfkt and myself above). But as soon as they are put in place they feel like being made (exclusively) for the Audéos.
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 17, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #56 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by chi2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used a Pentel lead pencil. Pressing its conical metal tip gently into the tube of the foam olive widens it enough to put it on the Audéos' nozzle. There the tube tightens within seconds and lets the olive sit firmly.

Just to clarify, you used the pencil to widen the opening of the olive and did NOT use the pencil in the tube of Audeos?

And what size olives? S/M/L?

Dec 17, 2008 at 12:48 PM Post #57 of 2,281
Quote:

Just to clarify, you used the pencil to widen the opening of the olive and did NOT use the pencil in the tube of Audeos?

And what size olives? S/M/L?

No, he stuck the pencil in the tube of the Audeos to widen it so he could shove a small size olive in the IEM. It works even better when you hold the IEM over a flame.
Be carefull, don't burn your fingers when you do this!!!!
PICs would be nice.

Dec 17, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #58 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, he stuck the pencil in the tube of the Audeos to widen it so he could shove a small size olive in the IEM. It works even better when you hold the IEM over a flame.
PICs would be nice.

Kees, I'm glad that your avatar is blinking...
normal_smile .gif

Dec 17, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #59 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PICs would be nice.

Man, how do you guys buy these things and then burn them like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back