Phonak Audeo?
Dec 15, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #31 of 2,281
these look interesting, plus the fact that it's a swiss company, haha...
but can you only wear them over the ears? i don't know about you, but for daily commuting, over-the-ear iems are a pain for me at least...

Dec 15, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #32 of 2,281
A pain? I don't really see a lot of difference in looping the cable over your ear or letting it hang down in front. There are certain advantages of the over-the-ear style to the "regular" one (less microphonics, more secure fit, more inconspicuous looks) in my opinion and really no disadvantages - but YMMV... and yes, the Phonaks aren't made for "normal" earbud-style fit.

PB130017-640.jpg

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #34 of 2,281
well, i don't leave my IEMs in all the time, for example when people are talking to me, i need to pop them out... for me it seems easier to do that with the straight-down way... and just a question, where do the cables then go when you're wearing them the over-ear way, behind your back?

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #35 of 2,281
Well, I pop them out as well when talking to people... I just leave them hanging over my ear, they don't disturb me.

I'm using the cable down the front in general, but down the back when I'm jogging.

(The same applies for all my IEMs, I don't ever wear any of them with the cables hanging down, by the way.)

Dec 16, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #38 of 2,281
IE8 are still better than these, right? And not only marginally?

Dec 16, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #39 of 2,281
Can anybody give some good comparisons between the the Phonak's and the se530's? I have the funds for either one, so price wise it does not matter and should not influence the comparison.

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #41 of 2,281
Where to buy these in the USA?

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #42 of 2,281
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where to buy these in the USA?

Here's a list of American resellers: Audéo - A more intense music experience - Find an Audéo PFE Dealer

Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you be able to compare these with the UE SF5s (non-Pros) and the ATH-CK7s by chance?

I don't have the CK7, but the Phonaks are generally better than the SF5v2. Better precision, better (real, textured, layered) bass, more detailed midrange, better treble. Furthermore, the Phonaks are the single best IEMs I know of that don't crap out with complex, difficult to reproduce music. They're the best for stuff like Opeth or orchestral pieces in that aspect.

The SF5v2 look nicer in my opinion, and they're a bit more comfortable and easier to insert than the Phonaks. But sound-wise the Phonaks best them in most aspects, IMO.

Dec 16, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #44 of 2,281
dfkt: Can you think of anything better than the Phonak's for uner $200 or $250? Anything that offers a better value?

Your commentary has been most valuable. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back