Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Mar 22, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #2,506 of 3,308
It is a classic one, when they smell $ they are responding mails very quickly, because prior buying the PFE I have sent them a couple and got answers immediately, but when their customer has a problem they easily jump to a conclusions that accidently goes in their favor.

Mar 24, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #2,507 of 3,308
Just bought the Perfect Bass. I love the design and the convenient location of the mic. I honestly have a hard time telling the difference in sound quality between the Perfect Bass and Klipsch S4.

Whats the difference between the Perfect Bass and the

Audéo PFE 132?

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #2,508 of 3,308
Are the anthracite (black) ear guides better in terms of comfort than the translucent ones? In the picture, it seems that the anthracite ear guides a bit bulky.

Quote:
The new black ones are better. The cable doesn't slip out of them as easily as with the transparent ones, and they don't get ugly yellowish over time.

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #2,509 of 3,308

Quote:
Just bought the Perfect Bass. I love the design and the convenient location of the mic. I honestly have a hard time telling the difference in sound quality between the Perfect Bass and Klipsch S4.

Whats the difference between the Perfect Bass and the

Audéo PFE 132?

I have the PFE 132 but not the perfect bass

Mar 24, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #2,510 of 3,308
Do you reckon its the same as the other PFE, but the difference is that you get more accessories plus a mic remote with volume controls?

I know the Perfect Fits are exactly the same as the Perfect Bass.

Mar 24, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #2,511 of 3,308

Quote:
Do you reckon its the same as the other PFE, but the difference is that you get more accessories plus a mic remote with volume controls?

I know the Perfect Fits are exactly the same as the Perfect Bass.

I believe the 132 just has a 3 button control instead of the 2 button on the 122. As far as the earphones themselves they all use the same driver, but the PFEs come with the grey/black filter, and the PBs come with the green filter.

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #2,512 of 3,308

Quote:
I am not thrilled that I have to post this, I bought PFE two months ago with those extra filters and tips. Black filters got dirty and I thought since I have spare ones I will use them until I got those clean.

And when I took those Black filters I saw that the nets on both filters were off and tied to a ring only with a tip.  Those filters were placed under the pivot hinges and was a little harder to get so at the start I got those from the middle, it was easier.

When I was buying the headphones they responded quickly, instantly and when I told them about defect I got they did not respond at all. I have sent two mails to their marketing manager and on the mail provided at the site.

They are probably thinking that I wanted to milk them for one set of black filters that I have broke and that's what irritated me the most.

THIS THE LAST THING THAT I AM BUYING FROM PHONAK AND IF SOMETHING GETS FAULTY NEXT TWO YEARS I WILL JUST TROW THEM TO TRASH.

Quote:
They tell you not to screw too deeply when removing filters for a reason.

Quote:
Than it is a miracle how all the other filters that I have been using including Green and Gray are alright.

I was not removing filters from the iem, I was taking the filter from the ring box (for the first time as described in my post) when I saw this fault, which is not hollow. Nets are holding for the ring trough the middle (on both filters) and I could not do that by screwing the stick too much.

Thanks for the help anyways...

Quote:
Yeah they are a lil slow replying...they hardly respond via FB.

Quote:
It is a classic one, when they smell $ they are responding mails very quickly, because prior buying the PFE I have sent them a couple and got answers immediately, but when their customer has a problem they easily jump to a conclusions that accidently goes in their favor.

Since I brought this to the public, I feel that I should update my posts that I have got an reply, a very late one ( I will just say, not from the Manager), and was generously offered for a compensation, which I felt obligated to refuse, although I appreciate the gesture.

I want to apologize to all that were caught in the middle but one thing is definite, Phonak has serious disrespect or lack of professionals when it comes to customer care.

Cheers

Apr 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #2,514 of 3,308
I have lost one of the earbuds (the smallest gray ones due to my tiny ears) tonight! 
angry_face.gif

Darn, where can I buy replacement earbuds cheaply?  

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #2,517 of 3,308

Quote:
Not a big fan of my PFE112s. They sound like a 1-driver version of TF10, without the bass quantity, same distant vocals, and sparkly sound that was a delight at first but does not endure.

Distant vocals?  Which filter are you using? 

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #2,518 of 3,308
I am getting a set from Sound Earphones and I anticipate they will help out with warranty work if and when it's needed. So far, they've been on the money when it came to general inquiries.

May 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #2,519 of 3,308
Can anyone recommend a shop other than Audeoworld to order a set of black filters for the PFE 112s?
$25 shipped for one set of black filters is a complete rip off! Back in 2009 I was able to get a set of black filters for $10 shipped.
Highway robbery!

I am tempted to pick up a pair of Westone UM2s and toss the PFE112s, once my supply of black filters is depleted.
Phonak's cash grab antics coupled with the poor build quality of the PFE112s is really disappointing.

Milan

May 21, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #2,520 of 3,308
I hope it's ok to "advertise" here:

I am selling my PFE 111 along with some extra accessories, which I would also sell separately. So if anyone had a 012 and wanted some ear guides and a box of gray filters check out my sale:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/602248/phonak-audeo-pfe-111-org-box-accessories-additional-accessories

Users who are viewing this thread

Back