Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Feb 13, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #2,491 of 3,308

Quote:
I was referring to: "132's are also more demanding of the amp than the 122"

Thus why I thought, maybe the inclusion of a mic made them less easy to drive :)

sorry for not being clear,, what i'm trying to say is the 132 benefit greatly from added amps,, while the 122 not so.. the 132 can sound really loud without it but with an amp it will show its real strength... well i also have an impedance adaptor,, and i dont think it affect the sound very much.. for the 132 and 122 it really does sound different,, once you listen to them you will not mistaken it for each other..

Feb 13, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #2,492 of 3,308

Quote:
sorry for not being clear,, what i'm trying to say is the 132 benefit greatly from added amps,, while the 122 not so.. the 132 can sound really loud without it but with an amp it will show its real strength... well i also have an impedance adaptor,, and i dont think it affect the sound very much.. for the 132 and 122 it really does sound different,, once you listen to them you will not mistaken it for each other..

The 132s and 122s have the same drivers, and even the same cable (remote and mic will be using a separate port on the headphone jack).  They should have the exact same sonic characteristics.  Any of the following can explain your findings:
  1. How old the filters are on the 122 vs 132: this makes a huge difference as it can sonically warp sound.
  2. How old the tips are on the 122 vs 132: this changes the seal that can sonically change the entire spectrum of sound.
  3. How old the drivers are on the 122 vs 132: this is a burn in question.  If the drivers do burn in, it will create sonic differences between the 122 and 132.
They use the same drivers, same cable, and even have the same exact specs.  They should in theory sound the same (amp or no amp).  Test the above 3 variables and take a look.

Feb 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #2,493 of 3,308
well i dont think i have to proves anything,, because it really sound different.. i tested them both brand new and used.. even the store manager and peoples whose auditioned both said so.. i wont convinced you to believes me,, but ive already replaced my 122 with the 132 and i'm happy with my purchase.. 
smile.gif

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #2,497 of 3,308
Has anyone else had issues with the direction the cable exits the a monitor of the PFE's?

It's hard to explain the issue but, on the left ear, the cable comes out of the monitor in a direction that means it doesn't seat over the ear properly, because it's twisting away. Without the ear guides it will just pop up off the ear, unless it's weighted down. With the ear guides it's better but still can feel a bit loose as the cable as the tendency to pull away from the ear...

I am tempted to send these back...

I've had this happen on two separate pairs of PFE's.

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #2,498 of 3,308
Seems like the cable's memory can really have negative effects. 

Also, looks like the 132 is different (link) from the 012, but not enough to warrant the price difference. 

Mar 1, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #2,499 of 3,308
Does anyone know if the "anthracite" ear guides are different in any way other than colour and style, to the transparent guides?

I am wondering because a pack of 2 of these is the same price as a pack of 3 of the transparent ones.

Mar 22, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #2,501 of 3,308
Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing the Perfect Bass.

-What are they like compared to the Klipsch S4 and B&W C5? I liked the overall sound of the C5, but the bass can be too muddy. The S4 is clear, but the bass and details are lacking.

-How compatible is the mic with the Iphone? I understand that you can answer calls, but can you skip, repeat, play, and pause?

Mar 22, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #2,502 of 3,308
I am not thrilled that I have to post this, I bought PFE two months ago with those extra filters and tips. Black filters got dirty and I thought since I have spare ones I will use them until I got those clean.

And when I took those Black filters I saw that the nets on both filters were off and tied to a ring only with a tip.  Those filters were placed under the pivot hinges and was a little harder to get so at the start I got those from the middle, it was easier.

When I was buying the headphones they responded quickly, instantly and when I told them about defect I got they did not respond at all. I have sent two mails to their marketing manager and on the mail provided at the site.

They are probably thinking that I wanted to milk them for one set of black filters that I have broke and that's what irritated me the most.

THIS THE LAST THING THAT I AM BUYING FROM PHONAK AND IF SOMETHING GETS FAULTY NEXT TWO YEARS I WILL JUST TROW THEM TO TRASH.

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #2,503 of 3,308
I am not thrilled that I have to post this, I bought PFE two months ago with those extra filters and tips. Black filters got dirty and I thought since I have spare ones I will use them until I got those clean.

And when I took those Black filters I saw that the nets on both filters were off and tied to a ring only with a tip.  Those filters were placed under the pivot hinges and was a little harder to get so at the start I got those from the middle, it was easier.

When I was buying the headphones they responded quickly, instantly and when I told them about defect I got they did not respond at all. I have sent two mails to their marketing manager and on the mail provided at the site.

They are probably thinking that I wanted to milk them for one set of black filters that I have broke and that's what irritated me the most.

THIS THE LAST THING THAT I AM BUYING FROM PHONAK AND IF SOMETHING GETS FAULTY NEXT TWO YEARS I WILL JUST TROW THEM TO TRASH.

They tell you not to screw too deeply when removing filters for a reason.

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #2,504 of 3,308
Than it is a miracle how all the other filters that I have been using including Green and Gray are alright.

I was not removing filters from the iem, I was taking the filter from the ring box (for the first time as described in my post) when I saw this fault, which is not hollow. Nets are holding for the ring trough the middle (on both filters) and I could not do that by screwing the stick too much.

Thanks for the help anyways...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back