Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Jan 3, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #2,431 of 3,305
1.  I heard what seemed to be a breaking in, but if so was probably the cable.

2. The olives must be discarded (at least with my canals).  Foams are the only way to go.  Night and day.  Foams produce smooth, natural treble.  Olives sound like a resonance exists -- a bit bright, edgy, even sibilant at times. 

3. I posted a review here.

Jan 3, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #2,432 of 3,305

Quote:

2. The olives must be discarded (at least with my canals).  Foams are the only way to go.  Night and day.  Foams produce smooth, natural treble.  Olives sound like a resonance exists -- a bit bright, edgy, even sibilant at times. 

You know there is a way to test and see if it was the cable that burned in...  Swap them cables! :p 

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #2,434 of 3,305

Quote:

I'm a bit confused by 'olives'. Do you mean the black silicon tips supplied? Olives is what we generally refer to as the firmer Shure foam tips.

Jan 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #2,436 of 3,305

Quote:
Is there a sound quality difference between the 122 and the 012? If so, by how much?

The housings, cables, drivers, etc are all the same.  The only difference are the filters that are included.  The 0xx comes with a bass filter while the 1xx comes with grey and black filters. If you put green filters on any 1xx, they will sound like PFE 0xx.

Jan 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #2,438 of 3,305
hi guys.. anybody know where i can buy phonak grey filter? i live in South East Asia

my grey filters have not been reliable anymore, it causes imbalance to the IEM. i tried to wash them, it worked, but only like for a day or two, and the channel imbalance occur again
mad.gif

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #2,439 of 3,305
Have you tried swapping filters from left to right?  Also, be sure to firmly insert them.  

I ordered spares directly from Audeoworld.com and received them quickly.  So, just now, I visited the website and select "all other countries."  I found this:

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/phonak-audeo-audio-filters-in-grey-changing-tool-prodid-2114.html

They charge in British Pounds and might ship to you.    

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #2,440 of 3,305

Quote:
Have you tried swapping filters from left to right?  Also, be sure to firmly insert them.  

I ordered spares directly from Audeoworld.com and received them quickly.  So, just now, I visited the website and select "all other countries."  I found this:

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/phonak-audeo-audio-filters-in-grey-changing-tool-prodid-2114.html

They charge in British Pounds and might ship to you.    

i swap the filter with the black one, and it works flawlessly (i've never used the black filter before)

so i'm 100% sure the problem is the grey filter

edit: 19 pound for filters?? not to mention shipping
confused.gif

i think i'll live without it

Jan 14, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #2,442 of 3,305
*My first post*

Over the last couple of weeks my Phonak Audeo PFE 112's have started to loose signal in the right ear. The problem is intermittent and seems to go away after a 'rest'. I changed the filters and was ok for a day but then then has done it again. Anyone know what this could be? I tested them in various players.

I bought them from play 9 months ago but should I contact Phonak UK (I am in the UK) directly? If so is it the same number as the hearing aids customer service?

TIA
Adebisi 

Jan 14, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #2,443 of 3,305

Quote:
*My first post*

Over the last couple of weeks my Phonak Audeo PFE 112's have started to loose signal in the right ear. The problem is intermittent and seems to go away after a 'rest'. I changed the filters and was ok for a day but then then has done it again. Anyone know what this could be? I tested them in various players.

I bought them from play 9 months ago but should I contact Phonak UK (I am in the UK) directly? If so is it the same number as the hearing aids customer service?

TIA
Adebisi 

Contact play - play should usually replace within 1 year - if not contact phonak - they are very friendly people to talk to

Jan 14, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #2,444 of 3,305

Quote:
Just got my PFE 112's in :)

Just a remark:
The 122's came with BLACK comply tips
The 112's came with WHITE comply tips

Both PFE's came with 2 black and 2 grey filters - no green one to be seen.

IDK if the tips are normal, I think they might just put a random color in the box :p  JK.  However, the models you speak of are not the PerfectBass model, so they do not come with green, bass filters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back