Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread
Dec 20, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #2,402 of 3,305
Phonak is still my fav. Etymotic hf5 is my second due to less comfort etc. and then GR07/B2/DBA. The 1st 2 are the most balanced with least areas of sonic aberration. Gr07 best bass but slightly less resolved though not noticeable for most sources. DBA/B2 slightly faster on top but the last 3 also have treble peaks that are a bit too much for my personal tastes.

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #2,404 of 3,305
has anyone else tried the new phonak pfe 132?

ive just tried those at local jaben store, compared to the pfe 122/112 i believe that the sound is different and (probably) better than the 122 not just about the different package... the 132 kinda have more impact and punch than the 122 while can still maintain the sweet neutral mids of the 122 though not as smooth (probably burn in things), its also resolve more detail than the former...

i've had the phonak 122 for a fairly long time,, and i think the 132 is the logical upgrade from the 122 and after my wallet recover i might get those as my next iem..

Jan 2, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #2,405 of 3,305
As far as I know, the 132 are the same drivers as the 012/122/etc, with the same iDevice mic/control as the 232. Maybe they come with the newer filters? The 232 filters do look a bit different than the older ones too, but difference in sound quality is still disputed. In that case it might be enough just get a few new filters for your 122, no need to buy the whole new phone.

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #2,406 of 3,305
@dfkt

thx for the explanation,, i've also spotted that the 132 use a black eartips similar to the 232 ,, maybe that also contribute to the difference in sound? next time ill try to use the black 132 ear tips to my 122 and see how it differ..

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #2,408 of 3,305

Quote:
I think the 132's = 122's but instead of a single button, then have a next and previous button on it as well.
121's are without mic

All of them should have the same things, as in filters, drivers etc.

well at first im also think like that,, but im very familiar with phonak sound signature and i dont think a next/previous button can change that much of a sound signature... right now i suspect its because of different ear tips that the 132 used,, ill report back later..

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #2,409 of 3,305

Quote:
well at first im also think like that,, but im very familiar with phonak sound signature and i dont think a next/previous button can change that much of a sound signature... right now i suspect its because of different ear tips that the 132 used,, ill report back later..

quite possibly!
I don't have experience either - i've heard for a short time my 122's

waiting for my 112's to come in now. (won a competition you see, but mic was playing up, thinking i was on the phone, when i was listening to my music on my android :/)

So instead audeo, sent me the 012's (a mistake), and so now I will return the 012's and the 122's, to get the 121's lol

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #2,410 of 3,305

Quote:

Old filters will sound different than new ones as well...  So use the same filters, and same tips and see where it gets you.  Drivers may also burn in.

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #2,412 of 3,305

Quote:
Old filters will sound different than new ones as well...  So use the same filters, and same tips and see where it gets you.  Drivers may also burn in.

well actually there was the pfe 122 demo at the store and the owner said that it was opened at the same time as the 132 because they just received the stock at the same day,, they also have the pfe 232 and the phonak PB demo and i'm not the only one that spotted the differences between them.. maybe i should email phonak to confirm this..

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #2,413 of 3,305
Feel like I should post here again...I accidentally dumped my earphones into a jug of water when taking them off really fast, didn't realize till I came back, and they still worked, I was pleasantly surprised O_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back