Jan 11, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #1,982 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get some Shure Olives instead, they sound great and are very durable

Agreed

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #1,983 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by tosin19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious, are they the PA910 or the EABKF1-10, or does it matter? I found some of the PA910 at 3.6 a pair, so would you take 3 instead of 4? I'm in DC, so yes USA.

sure, why not ? just a pair it won't hurt, pm me necessary information and I will reply you

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #1,984 of 3,305
Just to report, I bought a Nuforce uDAC and plug my PFE into it. I have to said it is a good synergy. I am using gray filter with olive. the sound is bright and clear as always but what is amazing is the low, it turn out PFE has bass, just need a lot of power to show it. it is strong, UM3X level strong, it is really clean and super deep. give it a try, no need of any amp, just straight headphone out, you will be amazed.

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #1,985 of 3,305
I just received my replacement (the new V1 122) and so I am impressed with the new cable which seems to be much better and longer-living.
However I noticed that the mic-button doesn't pause/skip the currently playing track as it used to be.
I am not sure if this may be related to the iPhone's firmware (3.0, iPhone 3G). Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

Jan 18, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #1,986 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by doubts even here /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my replacement (the new V1 122) and so I am impressed with the new cable which seems to be much better and longer-living.
However I noticed that the mic-button doesn't pause/skip the currently playing track as it used to be.
I am not sure if this may be related to the iPhone's firmware (3.0, iPhone 3G). Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

Pressing the button should pause the current track. I tested with both the Iphone (3.1.2 firmware) and Touch. If you are still having issues drop me a mail at orders at audeo-online.com or PM.

Thanks,

Bill

Jan 21, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #1,987 of 3,305
I just got the new revision. My thoughts:

- The cable is definitely more microphonic than the old one (due to the added thickness ?). It varies depending on the clothes you wear - synthetic jackets are terrible, but softer more organic fabrics are much better.

- The stem that you attach your tips to has been shortened and widened (I think). If true, wouldn't this change the characteristics of the acoustic chamber and therefore the sound signature ?

Jan 23, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #1,988 of 3,305
hey guys, former owner here. Going to be my b-day soon and thinking about rebuying pfes. A couple questions:
1. Is the newest revision v1? Does anyone know if v2 exists or is coming out soon?
2. Does audeoworld stock the newest revision?
3. Want to kept the mids and highs of the pfes grey filter with some more bass quantity, but same quality. Is the mini3 or the ibasso t4 best for the job? Or am I forever stuck wishing for the um3x, which I can't currently afford(and I would be hesitant to take them outside)?

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #1,989 of 3,305
oir8ky.jpg

Samuel Harsch and yours truly. Samuel is Phonak's acoustics engineer responsible for the sound signature of the Audéo PFE.

Jan 26, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #1,990 of 3,305
pi3guy,
What DAP do you use? If one with an equaliser or one that can be rockboxed to gain an equaliser the best solution is to push the lowest band of the EQ a little.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #1,991 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Samuel Harsch and yours truly. Samuel is Phonak's acoustics engineer responsible for the sound signature of the Audéo PFE.

Nice
smile_phones.gif

DFKT i remember a few monthes ago (maybe one year ago) Phonak sent you a new prototype, but you didn't want to tell what it was by the time. Was it the V2 of the PFEs or something else?
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #1,992 of 3,305
I've never been very happy with changing the eq either in winamp or my fuze, so I'd rather give a portable amp a try. Bumping the bass with eq always sounded forced and unnatural to me, rather than just a property of the headphone.

Jan 27, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #1,993 of 3,305
pi3guy,
Depends how much you do it and how good the equaliser is, from what I've heard the Sansa equalisers suck balls. Can the Fuze be rockboxed these days? The Rockbox equaliser is excellent.

If an equaliser is decent then it will do the same thing as an amp with bass boost would do but a lot cheaper and with a lot more precise control than "bass boost on - bass boost off".

AFAIK any kind of bass-boost or equalisation is just increasing the volume of a set portion of the frequency by a set volume.

Jan 27, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #1,994 of 3,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice
smile_phones.gif

DFKT i remember a few monthes ago (maybe one year ago) Phonak sent you a new prototype, but you didn't want to tell what it was by the time. Was it the V2 of the PFEs or something else?
evil_smiley.gif

Damn you and your good memory!
wink.gif
I have to check back what I'm allowed to tell, and I'm doing a short writeup soon.

BTW, just to make clear - I never said anything about an IEM prototype back then, and they indeed didn't send me an IEM...

Quote:

Originally Posted by pi3guy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never been very happy with changing the eq either in winamp or my fuze, so I'd rather give a portable amp a try. Bumping the bass with eq always sounded forced and unnatural to me, rather than just a property of the headphone.

You just mentioned two examples of the worst EQs available - both Sansa and Winamp are major suckage when it comes to EQing. No wonder you don't like them.

Good thing there are ways around that. For the v1 Fuze there's Rockbox, which has arguably the best phase-aligned parametric EQ you can find on portable players, and for Winamp you can use any professional VST studio-quality EQ plugin you want. I recommend Winamp VST Bridge with the free Kjaerhus EQ.

A portable amp won't do anything overly noticeable for the PFE in my experience. It might be a waste of money.

Jan 27, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #1,995 of 3,305
Hmmm... Juicy...

I sent Phonak an email yesterday and asked them if they had new models in R&D and they said they did but couldn't say more.

Does dfkt know something we aren't allowed to?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back